1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
I've actually been in this situation three times. I made the wrong decision the first time, and got hurt for it. The other two times I was prepared for what I had to do, and walked away unhurt with the BG's getting arrested (And let go 6 months later, but thats another story)

Sounds like the BG made a poor tactical decision. First of all, the face/head is a small target and is easily moved.

Secondly, and I'll rephrase a movie, "Never bring a gun to a knife fight!". A handgun is a projectile weapon, and is never the best choice in close quarters combat. Its only dangerous in a straight line from the muzzle, and is only dangerous for a millisecond after the trigger pull. Since one, or maybe both hands are tied up in using his weapon, he is less able to block attacks! Step diagonally towards and strike! Strike with everything you have, hands, elbows, knees, head, and feet. Keep striking until he is out! You'll probably be able to hit him 3 or 4 times before he figures out that he has to let go of the gun to defend himself.

I hate to generalize, but chances are the BG is just using the gun for intimidation purposes, and may not have even thought of using it. He won't be a Brian Enos behind the trigger, and he may even be completely unprepared to defend himself against attack. Once he is struck, he will probably have a death-grip on the trigger, not realizing in the stress of the situation that he has to relax the trigger to reset.

------------------
-Electric Armadillo-
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend." - Yasir Arrafat (On going to war over religion)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Originally posted by Mus:
couple more things i didnt see posted. alot of gun designs have flaws that you can turn to your advantage in a grappling situation. guns that have triggers with substantial space behind the trigger you can stick your finger behind the trigger while holding the top of the slide or barrel and then pull the trigger the wrong way. find out who has stronger trigger finger you or the BG.
Ixnay, thats high precision work in a high stress situation. Keep it simple.
guns with exposed hammers you can jam the webbing of your hand between the hammer and the slide making it impossible to drop. you could also drop the mag and fire the bgs gun intentionally at something other then yourself turning it into a club
This is a good idea if you plan for it. I'd prefer keeping my reactions the same to all handguns. If this happens in low light, and you mistake a revolver for a semi-auto, or exposed hammer for an other, well... you get the picture.

------------------
-Electric Armadillo-
"You're basically killing each other to see who's got the better imaginary friend." - Yasir Arrafat (On going to war over religion)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.