1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
The best thing you can do is get some training in how to respond and counter this threat.
Thinking about what to do is worthless.
You need to find an instructor in your area that teaches you how to disarm an attacker.
You need to find a school or instructor who teaches tacticle handgun fighting. How to draw and move to cover at the same time and do it damn quick. In the split second the bad guy is taking in your sudden movement, you have time to draw your weapon and shoot him several times. All while moving out of the direct line of fire. I've been trained to do just that. And, every time you move through possibly hostile terrain, you should be looking for ambush sites. Looking for where to take cover in an instant.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Rosanghal said:
"Agree on your comments about finding an instructor and getting some training. But I don't think thinking about it is worthless."

What I meant was thinking about what to do is worthless because when TSHTF, you react instinctively, NOT according to what you have imagined you will do.
You will react with whatever training you have recieved and PRACTICED. You won't retain what you have thought about any more than just reading a magazine about shooting makes you a good shot.

"Visualization is a very good tool to use when thinking of tactics."

Only to a very limited extent. As a starting point in which to assemble a plan of action. BUT, you must practice that plan physically.
You can't just think about it and expect to utilize it in an emergency.

"Also visualization of you being behind the curve is good too. Because you're not alway going to ready or prepared and could easily be taken by surprised. Thinking about different situations helps you see options and different approaches that can be used."

Again yes, as a starting point upon which to base a plan of action that you physically practice executing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.