1911Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
I kinda decided along time ago if somone had a gun pointed at me or drawing a gun on me (provided its not a police officer which has unfortunately happened to me twice) within a pace or two i would go for it right there. Kinda twisted logic, but i figure that a person prepared to shoot me in the amount of time it takes me to step off line and in and get control of his weapon arm was gonna shoot me anyways, and if he hesitates in shooting me i will succeed. its kind of anagolous to a hostage situation with me being the hostage. the threat of killing the hostage only works until you KILL the hostage, and if you dont kill the hostage its not much of a viable threat. works the same way with the use of force i think.

couple more things i didnt see posted. alot of gun designs have flaws that you can turn to your advantage in a grappling situation. guns that have triggers with substantial space behind the trigger you can stick your finger behind the trigger while holding the top of the slide or barrel and then pull the trigger the wrong way. find out who has stronger trigger finger you or the BG. guns with exposed hammers you can jam the webbing of your hand between the hammer and the slide making it impossible to drop. you could also drop the mag and fire the bgs gun intentionally at something other then yourself turning it into a club

[This message has been edited by Mus (edited 11-18-2001).]

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Dark enough to confuse a revolver for a semiauto at contact range? where is this fight taking place a blacked out closet? since my hands are already on the weapon and weapon hand for a good disarm anyways ill give these tricks a try if the disarm goes badly. the web of the hand trick was used in the lee harvey oswald disarming

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.