1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there is a "What is COTEP?" question in most posts, perhaps this could be a sticky?

COTEP: Congregation Of The Enlightened Pistoleros. Referring to those that have seen the light and become obsessed with Dan Wesson 1911s.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Boy am I going to piss off a few here!

COTEP - we all know what it means - nuff said!

Yes, I have bought a DW or two (still have one) , and have encouraged, and enlightened a fellow COTEP member by allowing him to shoot my pistol (a CBOB), and eventually selling it to him, and then watched him drink the Kool-aid. I will forever feel sorry for my encouragement of his addiction. Makes me feel like a two-bit drug dealer, and I sincerely apologize to him and his family.

Fortunately, (for me) ,I have forgone the "Kool-aid" and have moved on to a higher level of enlightenment.

FUSION! Two down & one to go.

The ultimate in a custom firearm for the discriminating PISTOLERO!!! Bob makes it how you want it!! Gosh, how hard is that! Yeah, it cost a few bucks more - but you get exactly what you want.

Now just hold on for a second or two & see who else can do this for you. Will Wilson, Brown, Or Baer build it exactly the way you want?

Okay, rip my arse.

Fshcop

·
Registered
666 Posts
I don't own a Fusion, yet. I will say this, if it weren't for Bob, this sub-forum wouldn't exist along with the fine DW 1911's. I have bought some Fusion parts for my 1911's and they are great parts (IMO). With that said, if Bob builds it, I will come.

DW still makes a fine 1911, even after Bob left. Keith and the gang keep improving and keep us happy.

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
...and have encouraged, and enlightened a fellow COTEP member by allowing him to shoot my pistol (a CBOB), and eventually selling it to him, and then watched him drink the Kool-aid. I will forever feel sorry for my encouragement of his addiction. Makes me feel like a two-bit drug dealer, and I sincerely apologize to him and his family.
You'd better apologize harder, 'cause that dumb sap is about to follow you to the next Kool-aid trough - soon as he gets over his DW hangover...

You did let him shoot your new Fusion - remember? :biglaugh:

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Boy am I going to piss off a few here!

COTEP - we all know what it means - nuff said!

Yes, I have bought a DW or two (still have one) , and have encouraged, and enlightened a fellow COTEP member by allowing him to shoot my pistol (a CBOB), and eventually selling it to him, and then watched him drink the Kool-aid. I will forever feel sorry for my encouragement of his addiction. Makes me feel like a two-bit drug dealer, and I sincerely apologize to him and his family.

Fortunately, (for me) ,I have forgone the "Kool-aid" and have moved on to a higher level of enlightenment.

FUSION! Two down & one to go.

The ultimate in a custom firearm for the discriminating PISTOLERO!!! Bob makes it how you want it!! Gosh, how hard is that! Yeah, it cost a few bucks more - but you get exactly what you want.

Now just hold on for a second or two & see who else can do this for you. Will Wilson, Brown, Or Baer build it exactly the way you want?

Okay, rip my arse.

Fshcop

Shee-it!

Nowhere close, 'bra... I can get you to $2.5k for just a finished slide and frame! Look around...$8500 for a full custom is easy any more...

How's that Kool-aid tastin' now...?

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
OK, I'll rip...! You really think a $2500 gun is the "ultimate in a custom firearm"?

Shee-it!

Nowhere close, 'bra... I can get you to $2.5k for just a finished slide and frame! Look around...$8500 for a full custom is easy any more...

How's that Kool-aid tastin' now...?
Make mine Kool-Bob, my CBOB is looking better than ever!:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Thank God I'm a beer man !!!!!!!!!!!!!:rock:

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Love my .45 BOB. We aren't really paranoid, we know they're out to get us!

:biglaugh::rock::eek:

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Shee-it!

How's that Kool-aid tastin' now...?[/QUOTE]

:eek::bawling: I thought kool-aid was for kids:biglaugh:

·
Registered
872 Posts
The DW cool aid is spiked with quality...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts