1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I go to my local GS to pick up a shootie transfer, and what do I spot in the case but a pre-series II Kimber Compact CDP. Now, I have been lusting over one of those for close to a year, and here is one ready for the taking. Being of strong will, of course I asked to see it.

Here is where enlightenment may have taken place: It felt so....CHEAP in my hand. The finish wasn't all that good (ok, really bad) and the slide to frame fit would make a Colt ashamed. I did try to dicker a little, but they were WAY too proud of it -so I left.

After being fortunate enough to pick up a few DW's, I think I am spoiled. Nothing I can do now but look forward to 2010!!!! :D

·
Registered
390 Posts
Nah, Rimcrew buddy, you're not quite there yet. Heck, they won't even let you sing in the choir until you pick up that SSC you've been dreamin' about. Then and only then, will your eyes begin to glimpse the reality of true enlightenment.

Go for it! Remember, DW won't be makin' any of these next year. Don't be left out - get one while the gettin' is good.

Then you can spend your evenings rubbing on it, and maybe after 700 rds. it will turn into - well maybe, a reliable DW.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Enlightenment is a journey and not destination

...grasshopper.

You have taken a significant step along the path but do not sit down to rest, you have many more steps to take. Enjoy the journey!

I too just can't get very excited about Kimber. That is probably the 1911 my FFL sells most.

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Hey Rimcrew, you could just say that you are past Enlightenment, more like to the Point of No return, just Save all your money so you can buy one of each DW they manufacture next year to add to your Collection.............

Clyde

·
Registered
627 Posts
To reach true enlightenment you must give away all your DW, just like the Tibetan monks. Karma goes a long way...

On a side note, I'm in for your upcoming Karma giveaway guns, since as you put it you are TRULY enlightened.:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Someone told me Rim was going for total enlightenment by giving away his DW collection to the first person to post the word "KAZINKYWICK". There, I've posted it.
Rim, glad to help you on your path to total enlightenment. I'll send you an address to send the weapons to. :rock::biglaugh:
Sarge

·
Banned
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bwahhhhhaaa - you peeps crack me up.

I am offering up my DW collection in a Karma giveaway; however, the rules are that the best looking MALE COTEP member will receive them. Please send all photos to me. I will be the final, and only, judge of what constitutes good looks, and who the winner is. Oh, in the interest of full disclosure - I WILL be allowed to enter. I wonder who will win.... :D

Got to go melt some Glunks so I don't backslide.... Cya :biglaugh:

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
Look at the focus.

He even forgot where he was!

So blinded by the beauty of Dan Wesson, that he took somebody else's home!:biglaugh:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts