1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently did a countertop review of the Sig 210 Carry so I thought I would do a comparison between the American P210 Target and Carry. Since I am RED (Retired Every Day), I got that kind of time and it is to cold to go out and shoot.

the comparison

Air gun Trigger Wood Grey Line

Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory Metal

the P210 Target has a stainless steel Nitron coated frame and slide with a 5” carbon barrel, wood grips and target sights. The P210 Carry ihas An aluminum frame, stainless steel slide, carbon steel barrel, Hogue G-10 grips and Sig night sights.

the slides, there are minor differences in the build of the slides. The P210 target has a captured and slotted recoil spring/guide where as the Carry model has a free spring and a flat bearing surface that rests on the barrel lug. Also, there are differences in the ejector and cuts which limits the slides to the frames they are designed for and do not interchange.

Wood Audio equipment Tints and shades Electronic device Bumper

Air gun Trigger Shotgun Wood Gun accessory

Black Office equipment Office supplies Gun accessory Wood

non interchangeable slides, P210 Target model w/ Carry slide and P210 carry frame with Target slide. Sorry for the grainy picture but the differences in ejector design prohibits interchangabilaity.
Automotive tire Camera accessory Automotive wheel system Auto part Machine

Automotive tire Camera accessory Motor vehicle Tire Wheel

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

more to follow

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The magazines, however, are interchangeable. P210 Carry with P210 target magazine top, P210 Target with P210 carry magazine bottom.
Grey Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Grey Wood Gun barrel

the grips are a mixed bag. There are differences in the magwell cut outs that prohibit the Target grips from fitting on the Carry model, however, the Hogue G-10 grips are milled to fit both.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Wood Font Rectangle Auto part Hardwood

while the wood grips on the Target model are fantastic in the hand, they are a little large to carry in a holster. But the Target model looks fantastic IMO with the carry grips.
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Material property

a quick note on the Hogue grips. There is a spacer on the left side and a nut on the right side that fall free when removing the grips and they are tiny! Take care when removing.
Grey Automotive exterior Wood Material property Bumper

the frames are almost identical in shape and size but the weight difference is significant.
P210 carry, top. P210 Target bottom.

Helmet Automotive exterior Personal protective equipment Automotive lighting Bumper

Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Wood

the slides: Target top. Carry bottom.
Hood Automotive design Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive lighting Hood Grille Motor vehicle Bumper

more to follow.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Magazine weights, Target top, Carry, bottom.
Hood Automotive lighting Office equipment Bumper Automotive exterior

Input device Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Peripheral

Stainless steel frame vs. Aluminum frame, can you tell? first photo, Carry, top, Target, bottom.
second photo, Carry, left, Target, right.
Sky Tints and shades Cloud Metal Bumper

Automotive tire Tire Cylinder Bumper Gas

unfortunately, I do not have a Swiss or German model for comparison, nor do I have a wheel barrel full of cash to buy them. I would like to compare the barrel to slide lock up since the American model differs from the Swiss and German models.
note: there is the slightest lateral movement in both American models slide to frame fit. The eye cannot detect the movement, but the hands can feel the movement. The barrel to slide fit, however, is snug.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stop posting pictures of that carry model. It is soooooo tempting. I'm trying to save for an acw and you are not helping
Here you go, I have a spell that will cure you…one look at this POS and you will be free!
Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory Gas

it is easier to pull a healthy tooth than this trigger!

hope this helps

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I appreciate the pictures and time you took Now how do they shoot? How is the trigger? I've heard that the thumb safety on earlier models were difficult to reach and use, how is the safety ?
Indeed. I am tired of waiting on the weather to break so I am going to go to an indoor range Friday and poke some holes. I will post a range report later.

· Registered
3,647 Posts
Jimipickle, Enjoying your write up. FWIW, I have Swiss, German and American 210s. The barrel to slide fit, and slide to frame fit, of my American model is every bit as precise as on my Swiss and German guns. Having owned 210s on and off since the '80s, I admit I was one of those who figured the American 210s would be crap compared to the Swiss and German guns. I was wrong. The American 210s are quality pistols IMHO.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jimipickle, Enjoying your write up. FWIW, I have Swiss, German and American 210s. The barrel to slide fit, and slide to frame fit, of my American model is every bit as precise as on my Swiss and German guns. Having owned 210s on and off since the '80s, I admit I was one of those who figured the American 210s would be crap compared to the Swiss and German guns. I was wrong. The American 210s are quality pistols IMHO.
This is good to hear. The 210 Target is the gun that intrigues me the most. I like the carry but the target is amazing! Thanks for the comment!

· Registered
510 Posts
That is very good to hear. We can order the target model here now. No one quite dare to take the plunge.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts