1911Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe it has only been two weeks since the honorable KB called Ed Brown and placed my order for da Kobra. It surely seems much longer. Anyway, sigh, the wait goes on.

Theo :rolleyes:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Theo,

Ask Keith if he'll send you a loaner????? :)

The wait will be over before you know it, and then you'll be spending all the money on the brass. Larry

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
C500:
Who are you using for your hard chrome job? I am also looking into having a few pistols hard chromed as well. I talked to Steve over at Metaloy about some additional modifications as I want the flat surfaces on both the slide and frame to be "brushed" along with the slide stop and safety, while leaving the other portions of the slide and frame in the matte finish. He charges a little extra to do this...but it looks fantastic! I have a Les Baer Stinger that was hard chromed by Tripp in this fashion, and it is absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Keith, that hard chrome job sounds great. Do you have any pictures you can post of the Les Baer? How much did Metaloy quote you for that?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Z:
Here you go. Got this one used. They brush finished the flat surfaces of the slide and frame, as well as the slide stop and ambi-safety....very nice indeed!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Keith,

I'm using Metaloy - talked with Steve and we're going to do the 'matte' finish on it. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out and its due back in on Nov 21.

Metaloy (Steve) charged me $110 for the Kobra Carry - I believe he said it was another $15-$20 for the brushed. Might be off $5 here or there.

I have a couple more I may send his way and will post a pic when I get it back.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Keith, very nice indeed!!

Does the brush finish show scratches and nicks? Usually, matte is more forgiving of small blemishes.

Tom

·
Premium Member
20,302 Posts
Moderators...Please enforce the "No Baers" rule in the Brown forum!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can a Kobra kill a Baer? :biglaugh: Me bookoo dinky dow funny!

Theo

·
Premium Member
20,302 Posts
Yeah, that's one pretty pistol. You'd think with all the money Keith's making off us he could afford a new gun! ;)

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Z:
not as bad as polished stainless, but there are a few very minor hair line scratches that I can detect...still looks great!

C500:
Yes...please post pics when completed!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Looks great! Good luck on the wait . . . I think I'd still be fine waiting a year for an Ed Brown. A few months is very doable for something of this quality!

Then again, if you know it will be that good, it might be that much harder to wait! :D

Andy

·
Registered
562 Posts
Don't wait. Waiting sucks. I couldn't stand it if I had to wait. Call Keith, he'll set you up and you can have it in your hot little hands the next day :rock:

Just think, it took you about 10 seconds to read this:

So, if you read this 518,400 more times non-stop it *might* be here

:biglaugh:

Sorry I know that was cruel, but I couldn't help myself :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts