1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My government-issued permission slip expires October of this year, and I have zero faith that Florida will ever go Constitutional Carry. So, I must reluctantly renew the permission slip the government kindly chose to issue.

Have any Florida residents experienced any kind of foot-dragging, shenanigans or drama, seeing as COVID is the go-to excuse for all bureaucrats, and the issuing party is headed by a self-avowed pothead and anti-2A person?

I'm supposed to get a letter sometime telling me I'm up for renewal, but I don't trust any Democrat-ran agency, and right now Dept. of Agriculture is headed by such a person. Wondering if, and how, I would get ahead of the curve here.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Back at the height of Covid (mid-2020) I received my renewal paperwork with more than enough time from Florida (I'm in Illinois). Unfortunately, Florida was requiring a new set of fingerprints for some reason, and only from a law enforcement agency. Every LEO in this area wasn't doing that because of fear of the China Flu, so I couldn't get the prints and my FL CCL lapsed. But for your concern, I suspect you'll be ok.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I can't speak to Florida, but I can say that I was expecting much the same when I chose to renew my long lapsed CCW right at the height of Pandemic shut downs, riots, and what not. I figured it would take forever, but they still managed to process it in the ascribed time. My state gives them (Sheriff's office I believe) 45 days to make a decision, it arrived in the mail in 2 or 3 weeks. At the time, my state was also in the hands of a Democrat majority & Governor, but Republicans locally.

If you can file the paperwork to renew early, I would say it wouldn't hurt to give the politicritters as much lead time as possible. But you might be surprised. I was.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
No American should ever be forced to beg and pay for their rights from a corrupt Government.
Agree. But, what to do about it? Let's face it, big picture, we're sheep, and we're led by folks who couldn't care less about our rights, much less anything else. Even when 'conservatives' hold majorities, what changes, exactly? There should be no such thing as CWLs, but they are not going away. It's a revenue stream now for many states/municipalities - try shutting off that tap. If 'rights' mattered that much, and Americans were resolute, things might be different. As it stands, for our 'rights', it's death by a thousand cuts!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I relocated from Raleigh, NC to Pasco County, FL in December. Wake County (Raleigh) took 7 months from application to finger printing, then another 8 weeks for license. Applied for my Florida CWL on 3/15/2022, was issued 4/05/2022. I have no complaints for Florida.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts
Received my Florida CWL in less than two weeks in October 2022. Initial issue.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
My wife’s license was up for renewal the end of Feb. we started the process in Nov. She got her renewed license in Feb with a week to spare. Slow but it came. You can go online to track it’s progress.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pre-covid I got it in a matter of 2 or 3 weeks. DD-214 helps. But that was Putnam.

Eh whatever. I'm so over the whole theater. One thing this "president" has done is ripped the veil from my eyes. I see actors now.

And this time, he even has a set.

Received my Florida CWL in less than two weeks in October 2022. Initial issue.
That's encouraging. That sounds like old times.

My wife’s license was up for renewal the end of Feb. we started the process in Nov. She got her renewed license in Feb with a week to spare. Slow but it came. You can go online to track it’s progress.
Roll of the dice I guess. Who knows what happens between now and October when mine's up.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I live in Mississippi and have cc permit .
It's easier to buy a firearm with a cc permit.
Buying a new pistol I gave them my permit but was out of date .
The state of Mississippi said they would give a six month notice to renewal.
But with this 19 crap they didn't give it to me.
I was in the 90 day period with just send the cash in with my cc permit number with extra money.
Too my surprise it work!
All here need to check the date on permit.

·
Registered
8,835 Posts
I got my first Florida Concealed Weapon Permit in 1988, and have renewed it before the permit expired several times. I believe the CWP is good for seven years. The state of Florida demands a fingerprint card for every renewal, and this is used to check for any felony convictions, Any felony conviction will disqualify an applicant for renewal.

A Florida resident can call a local Sheriff's office, and ask if they have a CWP application packet, and if so, it will have a fingerprint card. You may ask the Sheriff's office if they require an appointment to get your fingerprints taken, some do not require an appointment, but some do. You do not have to wait to get a letter from the state of Florida to renew your CWP. I believe it is a misdemeanor offense (pay a small fine) if you carry concealed and you CWP has expired. However, I carry concealed, make sure my gun does not "print" and have been stopped a few times over the years, and have never mentioned I carry a firearm, and have never had an issue.

·
Premium Member
2,956 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts