1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So a little while ago I told you guys I was going to get my brother a barebones CQB with a naked slide from George at Gunslingers (excellent guy and great doing business with him by the way) and then having some custom work done including engravings as a gift to him for agreeing to my best man and taking care of all that entails. Well today I got it back from Wilson. I'm so pleased words don't do it justice. Final specs below:

CQB - .45 ACP
Black over Gray AT
Fiber Optic FS
"Wilson Combat" engraved on right side dust cover
Initials "MWC" on rear left
"The Best Man" on left side of slide
*Penguin Custom Grips

Any questions feel free to ask. Also Kevin Hutchinson over at Wilson was my sales rep and I can't speak highly enough about him.
Attached is the after pic. Couldn't upload multiple for some reason, but the before was just a straight all black AT naked slide CQB. Thanks gents! Happy shooting!

-Eric/Coop

Attachments

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
That's an amazing gift! I wish I could see his reaction when he receives it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I invited my best man and his girlfriend to the rehearsal dinner in 1983.

My how times have changed.
I hear what you're saying and I know what you mean. I originally was just planning on a nice bottle of whiskey, but my brother and I have been to hell and back and I wanted to do more.

I spent what I had saved for my own Wilson currently on build. I've started saving again for my Legacy Protector. Thanks for the positive feedback guys. Means a lot! The big reveal is later tonight!

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Another beautiful Wilson , they just keep finding good homes, nice touch with the specialized engraving .. Doc

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Very nice! I'm gonna send a link to this thread to my brother ;-)

·
Registered
78 Posts
One hell of a best mans gift, your brother is one lucky guy to have a brother like you! He should join here once he receives it. Btw, congrats on the nuptials.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
I think the Gold Standard has been set. Your brother might be the Best Man, but I think the Wilson is truly a Gentleman's Check Mate Move.

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
I have a feeling your brother might even be more happy than you on the wedding day! :)

I was best man for my brother's wedding and all I got was a coffee cup. :bawling:

Very nice.

Oh, and you think the "Cecil the Lion" people are pissed, wait until the animal rights activist found out Penguin bones were sued for your grips! :):eek::D

·
Registered
613 Posts
Awesome gift! Your brother is one lucky best man! And you, Sir, are one selfless brother! Best of luck in your marriage, and hope your brother lets you shoot his new gift. I'm sure he'll be speechless!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha Penguin is the name of the company that makes the grips. Just verifying in case you weren't joking! Guys name is JD. Check out his stuff on Facebook or on his website by searching for Penguin Grips.

·
Super Moderator
14,623 Posts
That is an awesome gift to an obviously special brother, you are both lucky to have each other. I think your personalization of it for him was perfect, and it will be a treasure to him for many years to come. Best of wishes on your nuptials and beyond.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That is an awesome gift to an obviously special brother, you are both lucky to have each other. I think your personalization of it for him was perfect, and it will be a treasure to him for many years to come. Best of wishes on your nuptials and beyond.
Thanks for wishes Grandpa. I'm a lucky guy to have my Julie. And I'm lucky to call Mark my brother. Cheers!

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
I'm sure your brother will never forget this moment. Nice job on the pistol.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts