1911Forum banner

CQB color configuration

1K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  matteblack 
#1 ·
Is the CQB avalible in ss two tone? I have only seen blk/blk, and the blk/gry or green. Thks

#6 ·
Advantage:
better looks
usually stronger
no porosity

Disadvantages:
more expensive
requires maching instead of dropping out of the mold ready to go

You have to be careful because I've seen "tool steel" parts that were cast tool steel. But its usually a term used to refer to machined or EDM'd parts. I've used Wilsons tool steel parts in a couple of my guns and they are excellent! (hammer and 2 sears)

#9 ·
Hi KB, I saw one you recently sold and that I really liked. It was a shop demo or display. It was Black/stainless which I thought was the combat model.

If all goes well I am going to get one of these high end 1911s in the next month or two. Not 100% on the mfg. or model, but these combat models from wilson has " the look" that I like. Have been checking out the good and the bad from each on this forum.

Thanks guys for information.

#14 ·
I felt the same way about the black/green combo in that I wasn't too impressed with the pictures. In person though, it's very cool. I didn't have nearly as much appreciation for the CQB in general until I saw it in person. Once I did, I have never felt a better 1911. I've handled several full customs from small name smiths as well as a couple of Baers and the Wilson CQB (with light rail is what I handled) was top dog. I want one although my only concern is that I may get tired of the green frame so I am thinking all black...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.