1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I handled a CQB compact today and really liked it.
I currently have a couple of EB full size and a LB TRCS (4.25").
What are the differences in these manufacturers?
Why would the Wilson be priced higher than either of the other two manufacturers? Are they better somehow?

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
The CQB compact is a good gun, but I like the traditional bushinged guns best. I'm a Baer guy anyway, and I just don't really see how Wilson guns are better than Baer guns with BearCoat finishes. That said, I want a CQB Elite, because they are some superb guns....

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Not even going into the area of which gun is best. I can tell you that I've carried a CQB Compact for over 5 years and couldn't be happier with it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have had mine for 3-4 years and love it.

Picked it up used from my local gun shop. Some guy traded it in on a S&W wheel gun. I picked it up for less than 1/2 the new price. :cool:

·
Registered
323 Posts
L-Ray. Just to rub it in.. What was the less than half the price at the time that you gave?

·
Banned
1,713 Posts
Good score. Unless you need something truly special, then there is no need to buy a new Wilson if you know what you are looking at. I bought all three of mine for $1200-$1600 each... including a Colt Tactical Elite with superb fitting.

A friend of mine traded his Kimber CDP for a Wilson Compact w/magwell, thin grips and 5 mags... straight across. SOB!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Well, I have owned two Baers and a 5" EB Kobra. They are gone, but I still have four Wilson Combat 1911s, one of which is a CQB-compact. The only Wilson pistol I ever traded off was the KZ45. No regrets, even though it performed flawlessly. (It didn't really feel like my other 1911s.)
Regards,
Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts