1911Forum banner

CQB REPORT

1274 Views 6 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  JOEE
Just got done shooting my new CQB compact.......250rds. need to change the buffer allready........but well worth it!!!!!!!!what a pistol....goes where it's aimed.......even 25yrds. one hand all in the black.......this pistol is a whole lot better than me.....in fact it's made me better.
no malfuctions.........outstanding...should have done this along time ago.been trying to upgrade other pistols to this standard for years........called customer service about some new buffers and a few questions and outstanding again....man this is to good to be true.........seems as if all i've heard about WILSON is true.........
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,876 Posts
You put a buffer in your compact? Mine didn't come with one and when I contacted Wilson, they said I was welcome to try one but that there probably was not enough room for one to work effectively or correctly. A shokbuff from Wilson should last more than 1000 rounds. If yours is gone after 250, it might not really belong there.

As far as the pistol being better than you, I am sure you mean at putting ammo down range only! For most 1911s, few people can shoot to the ability of the guns. But it is really nice to know what you can do with a gun that is pretty accurate!

After you check with customer service about the buffers, let me know what they say. I would be interested to see if the information I received was standard or just what the guy on the computer as Wilson thought was right.

· Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that you say that, SPY maybe i didn't eat up a buff. when i took it apart to clean it i found a bunch of ground up and broken plastic. i knew part of it was from the short plastic guide rod and i just assumed that the rest had dropped out on the floor and it was from the buffer. i'll call tech in the am. as i did talk to them today and they are sending me a steel rod. so maybe it was just the plastic that got ate up........thanks for the info,i'll report back my findings

· Registered
2,876 Posts
JOEE, your compact came with a plastic guide rod? Okay, mine came with metal. My suggestion is to dump the plastic guide rod. They are made to work sort of like shock buffs and be replaced every 1000 or so. See the following thread on Wilson Combat's forum:
http://www.wilsoncombat.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3&FORUM_ID=2&CAT_ID=5&Topic_Title=Reason+for+Plastic+Guide+Rod+in+CQB%3F&Forum_Title=General+Discussion

For the life of me, I don't know why they would put a cheap, $2 plastic guide rod that was made to deteriorate inside a "combat" handgun. It seems to fly in the face of logic. That, and they don't (or didn't with my full-sized CQB) give any instructions on changing the part, what to expect, how long it would last, etc.

Check around to verify, but I think you would be better off with a metal part given that is a high stress part of the gun that is critical to its functioning.

G

·
JOEE,
I'm surprised at this. Your CQB Compact has a plastic guide rod? Mine doesn't. I guess mine is an older model. I knew they were putting plastic guide rods in the full size, but I didn't know they were also using those in the compacts. Let me know how it works out, I'm curious to know.
Dennis D. Carter

· Registered
4 Posts
JOEE,
Great to hear your favorable report on the CQB Compact. Mine is due here in about a week so I read this thread with alarm/interest. Since I'm getting mine for self defense reliability is of utmost importance. I've already been involved in one shooting and confidence in my pistol is part of why I ponied up the extra bucks over lesser makes.
Reduction of recoil forces via a shok buff system is appealing, but I'd rather KNOW that it's gonna go bang when I want it to. Replace the plastic guide rod with which guide rod.........and with or without a shok buff??? All advice welcome. TNX all.

· Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GUYS, No shock buffer in the compact CQB,I was mistaken but does have plastic g.r. WILSON is sending me a metal g.r. @ no charge. My compact still shot fine even though the plastic g.r. was tore up........
Jumbo i'd call WILSON or tell ur dealer to include a metal g.r. with ur new CQB. I know you're going to be happy with ur new pistol and with WILSON service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.