1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a place selling a Wilson CQB used for $1300 that has never been fired so its basically new except for the papers. Just wondering if its worth picking up or should I just go with a Kimber Custom Carry?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Nah . . . it's not any good. Kimber will be better, and cost less.

By the way, where is the CQB?

------------------
ralph

Endowment Member NRA

·
Registered
37 Posts
I definitely agree that the CQB is a piece of junk.

If you buy the Kimber, let me know where I could get that CQB. My CQB is no better that a paperweight
but I think two paperweights will work better than one.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oops....it wasnt a CQB, its the Sentinel. The Sentinel is at East Orange gun range here in Orlando. After looking at the Wilson and the Kimber, I decided on getting the Kimber.

·
Registered
291 Posts
DOH!
ummm...can you post that phone #?
You do realize that the Sentinel is $1900 and worth every penny right?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks Bufford for the phone #. I just picked up a Baer C5 this weekend, so this jewel is up for grabs if it is still available. $1300 for an unfired Sentinel is a great bargain if it is yur price range.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have seen the gun that Bufford5 refers to. I thought it was a CQB Compact. It also has the green Armor-Tuff frame which looks ugly to me. YMMV.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Actually, I'm glad it has been sold. The store's owner is thinking of becoming a Wilson dealer and was using that gun to see if he had the 'clientele' for high end 1911s.

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Unless they changed the standards, the dealer needed to make a one-time purchase of $4000 to become a Wilson supplier and get the wholesale discounts associated with it.

One custom gun and you're most of the way there. But even so, many of the gun shops I frequent don't have that much cash lying around, hoping to eventually make a sale. It's a tough, competitive, high overhead-low markup business.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts