1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to determine the differences between an older CQB (marked as Service Grade) and the current production CQB's.

From what I can tell, it has the old style Night-eyes and a Bulletproof slide stop. Would there be anything else different?

Can I assume that the hammer/sear and other small parts are also bulletproof or would they be MIM like the current guns?

If anyone has an old Wilson's Catalog that they could check, it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

·
Registered
248 Posts
rrw229

I have a newer model CQB but had the Mim parts replaced with the tool steel parts. Not knowing how old your CQB is I checked my old catalog from 99. If memory serves me I believe the Service Grade guns at that time were using the bullet proof parts. The only other difference may be the Armor Tuff.

Long live the 1911
MOLON LABE

·
Registered
220 Posts
From the '98 catalog:

Ejector: #34 Extended
Hammer: #337B Ultralight
Sear: #314 A-2
Grip Safety: #298B High Ride Beavertail
Thumb Safety: #6BN Narrow, Extended

From the '99 catalog:

Ejector: #34 Extended
Hammer: #455B Speed
Sear: #314C
Grip Safety: #298B High Ride Beavertail
Thumb Safety: #6BN Tactical, Extended

The Hammer & Sear in the '99 gun are from the Wilson "value line" of mim parts.

I think the '97 guns were a bit different, too. My Protector is a '97 gun, and has a "bullet proof" style hammer. I'm guessing the '97 CQB's would have the bulletproof hammer as well. Oh, one more thing. The '97-'99 CQB's came with cocobolo grips (#351 series).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts