long slide. I planted a money tree
but it never bore fruit so I am going
to have to trade in my Kimber classic
stainless for it. Do I need the rubber
room for doing such a thing

·
Registered
684 Posts
Strickly a personal decision -- I've done some things some of my friends just didn't understand (like selling a perfectly great custom 1911 for a Swenson that I'll never shoot, just wanted to have one).

But think hard before you do anything. I've done things I regret too. Personally, I've never been a fan of the ports. You buy a long slide for increased slide length for sighting and for increased velocity. Why port it and possibly take away some of the velocity?

I'm just more of a traditionalist. If you want less recoil, get one in 9x23 or 9mm. Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Trading guns is a dangerous prospect to get into. Much risk of regret over "the one that got away". But sometimes this agony risk is worth it. When I turned "legal" age for handgun purchases I bought a piece of crap Star in 9mm Largo. Five years later, through various trades and outright sales for cash to buy "onward and upward", I ended up with a 4" Colt Python. I had a lot of fun and learned lots along the way. That Python has found a home now and that particular trade cycle is officially ended.

Unfortunately, on the down side, I let a Combat Commander get away in the process. I have spent many daydreaming hours kicking myself over that one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts