1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now fond of the "worn look" or "weathered" look some have on their blued Baers and wondering if anyone has speeded up the process by manually removing the finish on their Baer to create this look?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Just buy a new stiff holster that hasn't been broken in yet. Then repeatedly stuff the gun in it over and over for a couple hundred times. You will then have a new gun with some "honest wear" on it.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Send it to me or Matt. We will gladly make it look worn… ;)

·
Registered
27,694 Posts
I am now fond of the "worn look" or "weathered" look some have on their blued Baers and wondering if anyone has speeded up the process by manually removing the finish on their Baer to create this look?
You gotta be kidding me...

·
Registered
213 Posts
Mothers aluminum polish and a rag takes blue off quickly, I accidentally found out trying to remove rust off of a rifle barrel. It would work but be easy with the mothers.

·
Registered
206 Posts
A couple thousand presentations from a holster during dry fire practice will give you a nice looking worn finish and you might even gain some very good skills from it.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
A couple thousand presentations from a holster during dry fire practice will give you a nice looking worn finish and you might even gain some very good skills from it.
This is true. You will be the quickest draw in town by the time you get there. Just don't expect to break the bank when you re-sell it.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I use my regularly (not nearly as much as others here), but in a years time, 10K rounds, and lack of cleaning will quickly give it it’s earned character.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
I use my regularly (not nearly as much as others here), but in a years time, 10K rounds, and lack of cleaning will quickly give it it’s earned character.

True. It seems like it doesn't take long. 3 years, 10K rounds, lots of dry practice and range time will make a new 1911 look older than it is. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
as others have said, why not just enjoy using it ?
The finish on my Baer isnot massively durable and it didn't take long to start getting character....

Funny, half the forum worries about the tiniest bit of bare metal showing through a finish, the other half are too busy enjoying the gun to care and then there's you who wants to "fake use" it...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wow whats with the all the negative remarks being made on this post? How is this any different than those wanting an all black look, or a hard chrome look or cerekote etc? Very interesting remarks being made here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.