1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are the conditions:

Empty chamber, hammer down and after several hours of rest in that position.
Rack the slide, pull the trigger, a slight amount of creep is felt. Rack the slide for a second time, the creep is minimal and for the third and following clycles the trigger shows no creep whatsoever, pefect.
Sear, disconector, bow???? I am clueless!
Your help is sincerely appreciated!

·
Registered
555 Posts
If the creep goes away after racking the slide a third time, why look any further? Just rack the slide and dry fire three times. You can spend a lot of time and money trying to diagnose and fix this problem. Why bother if the problem goes away so easy?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very true! But, I've been doing all the work myself (the piece is a Kimber Gold Combat SS)so I take it as a chalenge... So close to perfect... Argggg!

·
Registered
364 Posts
My humble opinion is that there is a slight amount of oxidation forming where the sear and hammer notch meet. Since this is a friction area, it's most likely that the finish has worn off. What can you do about it? Nothing really, unless you want to replace parts.

------------------
Really interesting....Don't ya think??

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
I tend to agree with Newton. Is your sear lubricated with some light grease?

Also, you may want to put a quality sear spring in your gun. Factory pieces are notorious for inconsistent spring pressure on the sear and disconnector. A good aftermarket spring will allow the same tension pull after pull.

·
Registered
38 Posts
All three of my Kimbers needed to have their disconnector notches deepened a smidge. The disconnector rubbing the front of the notch produced an inconsistent amount of creep.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts