1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, my Dad and I just had a pair of tactical custom II's shipped in for us. On his he installed a set of crimson laser grips (p/n LG301). Problem is the top of the grip on the right side gets in the way of the safety, which in turn gets in the way of the slide. He was thinking about taking off some material so that everything could go where it should. Would this be the way to go, or is there a better fix? He's as excited as I am over our new buy and I don't want anything to mess it up.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oooooooooooooook nevermind. guess we'll figure it out.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If You remove material assuming you are talking about part of the grip. I read on another forum that the laser site thickens the grip which sometimes blocks the safety. I believe they removed paart of the grip to clear the safety.

How do the sites work on the pistol? Are they a pain to site in?

plunker

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As best as I can tell they're pretty dead on. I came to the comclusion that removing material from the grip would probably mess the accuracy up. Instead we just changed out the safeties (my Dad and I both got them).

Basically the way they work is that they're 1 piece rubber grips that wrp on the frontside, install like any other grips. There's a button on the left side of the gun that turns the sights on when you hold it down. On the right side above your top knuckle is the laser assembly.

Unfortunately, I still haven't got to try it all out at the range. I was sort of iffy on the grips at first, but after trying Dad's out I was pretty impressed by checking them against the normal sights at different distances. It seems pretty solid. I'll let you know more after I get to the range if you want.

Have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts