1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this product? The rubber wraparound grip looks like it may affect the "feel" of the grip since it looks a bit thicker near the top. I really want to get a set for my Kimber Compact but would like some input before plunking down $250 for them.

H

·
Super Moderator
14,974 Posts
bigboy,

I have Lasergrips on a Commander, Smith N-frame, and Smith J-frame. For me, the grips on the Commander & J-frame are totally comfortable - as comfortable as any grips I have had on those guns. The N-frame grip is not as comfortable.

Can't say how they might feel on your Kimber Compact. But, if you believe in the usefulness of a laser sighting device, then go with the Lasergrips.

Rod.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I have them on my Colt Defender. They're great.

Mr. O

·
Registered
71 Posts
A very reliable little bird told me about a week ago that Crimson Trace is going to be releasing new products for the 1911 series pistol within the next month.
Couldn't twist his arm into telling me what it was though. I encouraged him to develop some laser grips with wood or carbon fiber grips. Wouldn't mind seeing those aluminum units either. Non wrap around grips would be nice. I HATE covering the front strap with rubber. Possibly a better activation system.
-Steve

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I will give it some time then. I'm not sure if I would like covering the front with rubber either. Though I haven't found a local dealer who stocks that model to even try it...

H

1 - 5 of 5 Posts