1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a Stan Chen Magwell put on my LB TRS and the process requires removing about a 1/4" from the bottom the frame. What I want to know is; Can I shorten the bottom of a CT Grip to fit the shortened frame without affecting the electronics inside?

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Yes. I was able to alter a pair to fit a Bobtail-the electronics are in the middle of the grip, lowest component is the on/off switch. There are voids on the back of the CT panels that will be visible when you shorten them. Since you are square-cutting them to fit flush with the magwell you probably don't care, if you are compulsive about such things fill the voids with auto-bumper bondo before you trim.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes. I was able to alter a pair to fit a Bobtail-the electronics are in the middle of the grip, lowest component is the on/off switch. There are voids on the back of the CT panels that will be visible when you shorten them. Since you are square-cutting them to fit flush with the magwell you probably don't care, if you are compulsive about such things fill the voids with auto-bumper bondo before you trim.
Good to know...Thank you...

·
Registered
62 Posts
Jeremy,

First off, thanks for spec'ing my Magwell Suite on your build, I know you will find it to be a great addition to your pistol. They have been very well received since I launched them 2 years ago.

CT grips should work just fine, plenty of clearance for the electronics. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you or your pistolsmith in installing the Magwell Suite...call me in the shop anytime. I'd love to see a pic of it when it's done. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts