1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LG-201 CTC grips stopped working after years of great service.
I liked this model because they were the individual grip panels and did not cover the front strap.
Crimson Trace no longer makes this model. Which model CTC grips would you recommend I replace these with?
No Burl or Carbon look.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Have you asked CT if they will rebuild your 201s? They have such a great rep for customer service it-what could it hurt to ask?

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
The 401 series CTs do not cover the entire front strap like the 301s. They can be had in green digital camo, rosewood and (I think) grey from Kimber. They do, however, have the Kimber logo on them. Desert Tan and Olive Drab can be had from Smith and Wesson, don't know if they have a S & W logo. Black Flame is available from CT.

I know you said no carbon fiber but I think the CF texture/feel will be the closest to your old 201s.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you asked CT if they will rebuild your 201s? They have such a great rep for customer service it-what could it hurt to ask?
Yes I asked. They do have great customer service. Due to the fact they no longer make this model they will not rebuild them.
They will however give me a trade up price with my new grips.
It looks like all the CTC grips currently made cover the top of the front strap.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
The pressure switch is in the connecting piece that rides just below the trigger guard. And I'm sure you've trolled FleaBay for used 201s and come up empty.

Bummer.

Looks like all that is left is to post "want to buy" threads on every 1911 forum in the universe.

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you are concerned about the feel of the switch being on the front strap, don't be. I thought it would be bothersome there and resisted the CT on my 1911s because of that. I finally broke down and bought a set. I don't even notice the switch. I then bought a second set.

CX

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have CT's on my Kimber my Glock and my Springfield XDm .

I like Laser grips - the button on the front strap is exactly why I bought my grips.

It's not a bother at all.

:rock:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts