1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you folks recommend a cross draw holster for a Colt Officers Model?

Cross draw is needed for a reason, not just a want.

Thanks,

SBLars

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Only one word comes to mind when crossdraw is mentioned. That word is Kramer.

·
Registered
614 Posts
If you like kydex, then talk to Gregg at Comp-Tac.com. I use a x-draw for my Ultra Carry when I'm driving any distances. It just slips onto the belt and away I go. The gun is held in place nicely with tension adjustment screws and "clicks" into place. For me its the perfect holster for this specialized application.

·
Super Moderator
3,113 Posts
Alessi's DOJ is a superb rendition of Bruce Nelson's #1 Professional...a straight-drop holster that can be used strongside or crossdraw. www.rfholsters.com

The #55BN from Milt Sparks is another superb version of Nelson's classic. It can be had with a straight-drop, like Alessi's DOJ, or for dedicated cross-draw use, it can be ordered with a slight muzzle-forward rake. The Sparks "NLG" is a slightly modernized Nelson #1. It can be ordered straight-drop or muzzle-forward too. www.miltsparks.com

Ron Graham offers his "Nevada" cross-draw...a dedicated cross-draw rig. www.grahamscustomgunleather.bigstep.com

Mark Waldon's QTX should makes anyone's short list of cross-draw holsters. www.waldonholsters.com

My old friend Mike Benedict bends kydex holsters one at a time. He could probably provide a crossdraw version of one of his fine offerings. www.talontactical.com

Rosco

[This message has been edited by Rosco Benson (edited 10-21-2001).]

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mac10 is right on the money on the x-draw from Comp-Tac. You don't have to undo your belt to place or remove the holster. The gun stays securely holstered during the entire operation and can be quickly and discretely taken off if you need to leave it in the car for legal reasons. www.comp-tac.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts