1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new C.D. EFS Superior is my first 1911 type gun. I've shot others and my C.D. compares well (why would anyone pay 2 1/2 times more for another brand) well what I need help on is when buying after market parts, grips,springs etc. can anyone tell me what model colt is my C.D. a clone of?

thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
JOEE,
First off, congrats on the purchase. Sounds like your EFS is cloned after a Colt Government 1911-A1. My Charles Daly FS is a "70 series" type as I would think yours is too. To my understanding, all parts are interchangable except the grip screws. I don't know if mine are interchangable with Colt screws as I haven't replaced the grips. Charles Daly is supposedly changing the grip screw bushings to match the thread on the Colt frame. Some fourm members have changed the bushings themselves and others have went to the hardware store and found hexhead screws. Probably cheaper than buying the screws from the big name suppliers I would think. There are far more knowledgable members on this forum than I, so I hope they clarify if there are other parts that are not interchangable.

Enjoy your CD and happy shooting,
gf

·
Registered
523 Posts
gunny is correct, the only thing that I have found so far that is not "interchangable" are the grip screws.

·
Registered
233 Posts
grip screws,i went to a local gunshop that also does gunsmithing,and bought gripbushing and ss allenhead screws for a colt1911,made by edbrown,it screwed into my frame normally with no problem,and now i can also use any american made standard grip screws of my choice,i guess now i can say my daly 100%percent enterchangable
hope this reply has been of help. oh by the way the threading from gripbushing to frame seem to be the same,but the screw threads and scews itslf or differnt.but with edbrown set it all uniformed now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts