1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you read I have a cross breed super tuck for my full size 1911 that is my daily carry. Found out a problem with it and was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I installed a fiber optic front sight and since then noticed that since the barrel sticks out the bottom of the holster along with the sight that the sight is wearing a hole in my pants. I carry at the 8 o'clock position and luckily the hole is covered up by the back pocket. going to have to reinforce the pants from the inside but this is just a pain in the a-- (pun intended). I am waiting for my new holster for my new S&W PC round butt, but at the present time am still carrying my full size 1911. anyone have this problem and what have you done to correct it.? thank you and OK let the puns begin

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Change the front sight or change your carry position or change your gun or change your holster.

All the solutions to your problem....(or don't wear pants).:biglaugh:

Just kidding, hope you figure something out....but in all seriousness, I HAVE given you solutions to the problem. Tracy

·
Premium Member
20,418 Posts
I never liked the slide, front sight, and all important muzzle crown hanging out there banging into things. I insist on a full length holster.

·
Registered
124 Posts
full length is the way to go , also if you carry at a different position with a short holster you also might rub on a pocket rivet which will scratch you gun ..

·
Registered
124 Posts
i never liked the slide, front sight, and all important muzzle crown hanging out there banging into things. I insist on a full length holster.
fool me once shame on you , fool me twice shame on me....FULL LENGTH ALWAYS..

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
As you read I have a cross breed super tuck for my full size 1911 that is my daily carry. Found out a problem with it and was wondering if anyone else had this problem. I installed a fiber optic front sight and since then noticed that since the barrel sticks out the bottom of the holster along with the sight that the sight is wearing a hole in my pants. I carry at the 8 o'clock position and luckily the hole is covered up by the back pocket. going to have to reinforce the pants from the inside but this is just a pain in the a-- (pun intended). I am waiting for my new holster for my new S&W PC round butt, but at the present time am still carrying my full size 1911. anyone have this problem and what have you done to correct it.? thank you and OK let the puns begin
Nothing wrong with the holster. You put a competition sight on a carry gun. Worthless in the dark,and wrong for your application. You screwed up,not Crossbreed. :hrm:

·
Registered
380 Posts
My biggest complaint of most hybrid holsters is that most don't make the kydex fully cover the slide. There are some out there that will, though. Some do it for extra money & a few do it standard.

Maybe that particular front sight is a problem, but it shouldn't be. And even with a regular front sight, if the kydex shell doesn't full cover the slide, you still have metal rubbing against the inside of your pants.

For me, I use a full coverage hybrid for my Glocks, but an all leather IWB for my 1911s.

·
Premium Member
20,418 Posts
Nothing like the "Clank" of an uncovered muzzle hitting a steel folding chair, even if it is IWB. Draws attention every time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts