1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The state I currently live in does not have ccw, but the one I used to live in does. Anyway in anticipation that MO will put ccw on the ballot again in a year or two I have been thinking on what type of holster I want. I think a crossdraw holster would offer the best concealment. If I just tuck the pistol into my waistband it is not as noticable and just as comfortable in this fashion as it is in a normal IWB holster that I used to have. Anyway, where could I find a good IWB cross draw holster? Has/Does anybody else carry like this?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Horseshoe leather offers a cross draw. Looks like a normal strong side iwb but canted in the opposite direction. I've never tried Arratoonian's work, but it looks quite impressive. Check the holster links area here.

Maybe someone else here can offer more input.

Mac

·
Registered
27,705 Posts
Some things to be aware of using a cross draw holster:
You sweep everything on your left side with your muzzle when you draw. (it is not allowed in competition, I believe, due to this)

The butt of your pistol in a close encounter is in a perfect position for someone facing you to draw it.

It is slower than strongside.

However, you carry like you want. You might want to warn people on your left when you are drawing your gun however

------------------
"What most of these people need is a good slap upside the head. What I don't need is any more lawsuits." John "The Tooz" Matusak

·
Registered
201 Posts
Cross Draw is for People who drive a lot!
Very comfy that way.
JMO,
Stocky

------------------
Anyone who isn't a paranoid schizophrenic now-a-days, just isn't thinking clearly!

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Ford,

I have a HK Tactical coming in on the 21st, so I've been contemplating the same thing. Probably a little different than what you're after; but I might get this one:

[This message has been edited by traevin (edited 05-18-2001).]

·
Registered
696 Posts
Galco used to sell one and still might.Great for anti-carjacking situations,but as noted above You'll cross everyone and everything to Your left(just like a fanny pack),locates grip to opponent's grab and is slower than strong side.If Your a chauffer or traveling salesman You'll like it.tom.

------------------
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info.
I am looking for a IWB Cross Draw. It just seems like it is much more concealable and seems more comfortable. When I sit down while wearing a stong side holster the butt of the gun is easily seen poking out. Considering the number of times that i actually had to draw my pisolt when I could carry ccw (1) it seems like concealability and comfort are just as important as the draw. Maybe if I have to draw I will have to yell "Hit the Dirt" first.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I know you asked for an IWB crossdraw, but have you considered an SOB? Galco makes a great SOB that is easily hidden with just a T shirt or any shirt. Also, this holster is FAST! I've only had mine a short time, but it is my favorite already. I carry a Springfield Champion, and the holster fits like a glove. Also, I LOVE the tension screw.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I own an older Bianchi Cyclone holster. The larger extended safeties take a bit of coaxing to snap down. However, I find Xdraw to be the most comfortable way to carry a full 1911. Bianchi still offers the Cyclone, or go to gun shows and dig around for the used leather. I hate new leather because they are so tight and rough. Blade Tech also offers a Xdraw Kydex. Never used one of those, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts