1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a crazy question, but does anyone make a commander size crossdraw IWB? What about a crossdraw IWB tuckable? Just curious.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Bianchi mod#100 or 100T for the tuckable.

Been carrying my compact 1911s (Officers, New Agent, Combat Master) in a size 10 Bianchi mod#100 crossdraw for decades - you'll need a larger one for the Commander, unsure if the tuckable will work as a crossdraw, but mine old one works great.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Whoa, big difference between $40 holsters and $80-200+ dollar holsters and the one I noticed here is my inexpensive Mod#100 Bianchi suggestion is "closed" not open ended - which keeps lint and crud outta ones pistol barrel.

Others preferences may vary.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Whoa, big difference between $40 holsters and $80-200+ dollar holsters and the one I noticed here is my inexpensive Mod#100 Bianchi suggestion is "closed" not open ended - which keeps lint and crud outta ones pistol barrel.

Others preferences may vary.
Another view from High Noon (I'm not advocating one way or another, just another data point)

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/faqs/

Open muzzle design or open bottom holster means the holster is not sewed closed. You always want an open bottom or open muzzle holster. All of High Noon's holsters are open muzzle designs. We know some look like they are sewed closed, but we feature pictures of lined holsters on the web, which give the look of being sewed closed, but they are not. A lined holster has to be sewed all around but it is still an open muzzle design. Click this link for picture of open muzzle design. Closed or sewed bottom holsters are 25 year old designs. Don't go near them. They serve no purpose except to create problems. Lets go over both designs below. Click here for picture of closed bottom holster.

Disadvantages to closed bottom holsters:

Lets dirt accumulate in the holster. The dirt, dust has no where to go because the holster is sewed closed.
Lets dirt accumulate in the barrel of the gun. The first 1/8 of an inch mostly.
Holds moisture in the holster and on the weapon.
No air flow in and out of holster.
The holster is about 1 inch to an 1½ longer at the bottom then it has to be. Its a concealment holster, less is better.

Advantages to open bottom holsters:

Dirt can not accumulate in the holster.
You will not get dirt in the barrel of the gun from the holster.
Does not hold moisture because of the open muzzle design.
Allows Air flow in and out of holster.
Its a nicer looking design. Click this link for picture of open muzzle design.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts