1911Forum banner

Crossdraw revolver holster

1860 Views 7 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  gambat
I'm trying to find a crossdraw holster for my Ruger SP101 with 2 1/4" barrel. Thus far I cannot find anything I like.

I have the Milt Sparks PMK for strong-side carry:

www.miltsparks.com/PMK.htm

and am looking for something similar for crossdraw carry. I don't think that I want a thumbsnap, but would like input on this from those that have carried crossdraw.

Any input is appreciated.

Luke
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
15,190 Posts
trials

Have you tried moving your Sparks to your weak side?

Have you checked with Kramer? DeSantis? Blade-Tec? Comp-Tac? Galco?

I just move my strong-side holsters into a cross-draw position, but maybe it helps that I'm ambi......

· Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WESHOOT2 said:
Have you tried moving your Sparks to your weak side?

Have you checked with Kramer? DeSantis? Blade-Tec? Comp-Tac? Galco?

I just move my strong-side holsters into a cross-draw position, but maybe it helps that I'm ambi......

I haven't tried moving my PMK for crossdraw carry - thought about it though. It carries the gun tilted forward when worn on my strong-side, so I felt that this would present a poor draw position when used for crossdraw (particularly when drawing when seated).

I did look at Kramer, DeSantis and Galco. Kramer had one holster that seemed to fit what I was looking for. DeSantis and Galco didn't - unless I missed something. I didn't look at Blade-Tec and Comp-Tac so far, but will now that you mention them.

I have an email into Milt Sparks asking questions about the PMK for crossdraw and asking what they suggest.

I appreciate your input.

Luke

· Registered
585 Posts
Super Trucker said:
I have a DeSantis sky cop and think it is a decent cross draw holster. They have them listed for a S&W J-Frame on their site, I would suggest maybe send them an e-mail about the SP101 it may be possible. Good luck.
I second that. I have the 1911 model and like it very much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.