1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a crown city arms 1911 that I have tried to find any information on it and have came up empty handed. I figured I would post it on here and see if there are any more 1911 owners out there with a little more experience than myself that could give me some backround on this company.:confused:

Don't hit at all if you can help it; don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep
February 17, 1899
Theodore Roosevelt

·
Registered
134 Posts
I had two. Soft metal. Lugs peeled back and locked the gun up. According to local gunsmith who got the slide and frame separated for me he had seen one other Crown City product and it had the same problem. Dealer I bought them from gave me my money back. Crown City was out of business. The dealer didn't want to lose me as a customer or have me out saying non-nice things about him. I came out OK. Understand the dealer tried to have them heat treated and otherwise fixed and later turned them into paperweights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea maybee not i have fired about 100 rounds of cheap walmart winchester ammo through it with 2 misfires but when it did misfire it was because the slide did not go all the way forward. It stopped like 1/16 of an inch from all the way forward. I was told that maybee a bad recoil spring. I have one on order maybee that will fix that problem.

·
Premium Member
20,401 Posts
100 rounds hasn't even touched the start of a new gun. If it's screwing up already, take it for what it's worth!

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
IIRC they were in NJ. Their ads said they were run by the "Good Ol' Gals". In my pile of odd stuff I may still have one of their catalogs, but I doubt it.

Lousy pistols, so-so after market parts except for their stocks of USGI stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts