1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Oct issue of GUNS has just hit the streets. CT (Tim) Brian's newest 1911 design is aimed at the CCW market, the Sidewinder, is the cover feature. Based on the Kimber Ultra Carry, Tim has heavily modified it into his idea of an ideal concealed piece... with a couple of unique features
You can read about it at his site http://www.ctbrian.com/gunsreview.html

and heres a pic...

the Sidewinder is a numbered limited run of 200. Hopkins, dirty rat that he is, got 007

I ain't saying what my # is but heres a target Tim emailed me-

oh, almost forgot to mention. Tim's a bullseye shooter- his groups with my SideWinder no doubt will be a little tighter than mine ;-)

---------

Zep rules!

[This message has been edited by BK (edited 08-20-2001).]

·
Registered
569 Posts
[email protected]#$$#%%&@%#!!!
Oct. issue huh? Why is that whenever I purchase subscriptions to magazines I receive them after it hits the stores?
Is this a Postal service conspiracy? Are there black helicopters involved?

Oh well.
As for CT Brian's work, I love it. I remember a photo of a cmdr. he built that was featured in Am. Handgunner yrs ago. Beautiful gun!

Off I go to purchase a copy I will no doublt receive after my postman and his friends are finished with it! '-)
EricO

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Hey Tim... Very cool...

I like the Bobbed Hammer...

More Eye Candy...

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have a question on how one would carry that pistol. With the bobbed hammer like it is, the way I see it, it would have to be carried slightly different. Of course I may be missing something here, so please help me out if I’m wrong.

Wouldn’t a pistol like Tim’s creation have to be carried with an empty chamber? Then you would rack the slide during draw? If you had a loaded chamber and the safety on, wouldn’t the bobbed hammer be susceptible to snagging, even more so then a commander style hammer? Of course it couldn’t be carried with a loaded chamber and hammer down, or is it a double action?

Regardless, nice piece of work Tim. Did the money I sent you last year help pay for the development of it? (just kidding) It was money well spent.

------------------

"Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Latin: "A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand."

-- Seneca, Letters to Lucilius

·
Registered
134 Posts
Baer1911 - Actually, the SideWinder is meant to be carried in condition 1, cocked and locked.

The nubbin of a hammer that is exposed in that condition is much smaller, smoother and less likely to 'snag' than a typical beavertail and commander hammer. I've been carrying my Sidewinder for over a year and a half with no problem.

Hope your Bullseye gun is treating you to some nice scores. Watch out for Dave G. though! He's not to be trifled with on the Bullseye range.....

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
268 Posts
Baer, if yours went to his R&D, then the deposit I just sent him must have gone to golf clubs. Tim must have caller ID on his phone for people from Illinois
How about posting a picture of your custom Calloways Tim?

BTW, very nice work turning a Kimber into a real pistol!

·
Registered
711 Posts
Tim,

Thanks for the explanation on that hammer.

My scores are better then before you worked on it. But the pistol has a loose nut, and I think it's the nut squeezing the trigger.

The Illinois state championship is in three weeks, and just like last year, Dave will more then likely take high resident.

I can't hold a candle to him ... but things are looking better.

[This message has been edited by Baer1911 (edited 08-22-2001).]

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
Tim,
Excellent work, very nice piece. If you get the chance to email me off line, I'm ready to start building specs for my very first custom. We can discuss the details and I can get on line for one of your beauties.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

------------------
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." --Thomas Jefferson to Charles Yancey, 1816.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks for the kind words, fellas.

John Boy, golfer that I am, Bill Klinton uses Calloways, so I wouldn't soil my hands with that brand.
I'll just stay with the sticks that I've been using (Ram Formula-X graphite/titanium). Actually, I could be using a bent tree limb as bad as my scores are. Been playing for 28 years, and one of these days I'll get it right (he cried)...........

Baer, anyone that shoots Bullseye has a couple of screws loose! Trust me on that one - been shooting that humiliating game for too long! I suspect you're right about Dave taking the state title (again). He's one heckofa Bullseye shooter and a good guy to boot. He e-mailed me the other day and said that after pretty much taking the summer off, he went to a match somewhere to 'get in shape' for the season. If I recall correctly, he shot a 2656. The guy is an absolute machine. Give him my best when you see him at the state.

Paladin, you have mail.

Big thanks to BK - I suspect you'll have that '67 Vette soon.

Cheers, Tim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts