1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own about a dozen older Comp-Tac holsters in the range/paddle variety and a Ghurka for about every pistol I've ever considered carrying. I've always found them to be the holy grail in IWB comfort. Now I see that the Ghurka is no longer offered and is replaced by the Minotaur. My question is; I have recently gotten back into 1911 pistols for carry. I currently own a 3", 4" and 5". Is the the general opinion that its wise to order the smallest holster for the Ultra, yet have the ability to carry the other two similar to a slide holster. The leather backing on the holster seems to be long enough to cover the barrell against the body. I realize that the holster itself can be changed out on the actual leather also. Thoughts?

·
Registered
573 Posts
The leather is cut to extend right past the end of the longest gun. I believe all the backs are the same, only the bodies are different. So I think the length is made to extend to the end of a 5" 1911. I just ordered one for my Glock 19 yesterday. I went ahead and got the 19 body because I don't plan on using it to carry any other Glock cause it's my only one. If this works out which I think it should, I'm gonna order a 1911 slide model to carry my Commander or my Government. I've gone through OWB's and IWB's and haven't found anything that works really good. I like the way this one is looking because it looks to be stable, is very adjustable, and the smooth flat leather back should eliminate any pressure points.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I have one. I think they are excellent, and this style is all I use for IWB. i actually prefer the Crossbreed a bit more for comfort (thinner leather) and Crossbreed uses metal clips.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I haved a minotaur for my sig 239.Most comfortable holster i have.
I bought a shell for my commander but haven't tried it yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts