1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just curious.. Last I heard it was months.. has it gotten any better..

Thanks

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Wait time totally depends on how many guns arrive in a day.
I may tell you wait time is 3 weeks, but before they get your gun the UPS man dumps a hundred guns and the wait time goes up.

Also, wait time depends on what you want done. Refinishing takes the most time, simple repairs the least.
Like all companies, work is done in the order it's received.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I agree with Dfaris , as just going by what posts I read on the Colt forum about repairs, it varies so much that it seems it's all over the place ... And probably for those reasons Dfaris said. I seen posts complaining about weeks to months of extended wait times for a repair that was on a new purchase..and when the issue wasnt resolved the first time... So obviously the owners in that situation tend to be at little more higher customer temperatures anyway, ( not saying they shouldn't be a little peeved in some cases if their side is actually correct) then I've read about quick turnouts in two weeks.
I've always sort of wondered why such varying stories come about, and I think Dfaris has the logical answer for me.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.. I should have been more specific and said basic repairs.. I was reading posts from quite awhile ago and was just curious if the turn around time has improved for just the basic type repairs.

Fortunately my Defender is doing just fine but just wanted to have an idea as to how long the avg wait was just in case..

Thanks again

·
Registered
402 Posts
I had to send two Gold Cups in for some minor stuff...and they were back within 30 days...less even. The work order they send states longer, but like Dfaris says...it depends.

They did a great job btw. Can't say enough about those guys ( and Gals) at Colt!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that's good to hear.. Appreciate the info..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts