1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finished up this custom Hi-Power not long ago. Includes slide/frame tightening; factory barrel muzzle flush cut and crowned; Cylinder & Slide wide combat trigger; C&S hammer and sear with action work; C&S extended thumb safety; C&S magazine well funnel; Bo-Mar brand adjustable rear sight; Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight; stippled frame front and rear and under trigger guard; front slide cocking serrations; completely dehorned; GunKote matte black finish; VZ 320 black cherry G10 grips.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Very nice looking weapon. I've really been looking hard at hi powers as of late even though I never really stopped looking. You do some beautiful work and just bookmarked it for future use.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Mr Fletcher, your work is top notch and excellent.

You have done some work for me in the past, and I was very pleased those times. Thank you for posting this in the BHP sub forum

Please consider posting this Hi Power over in Sig Forum .com, there are a lot of BHP fans there including me. Today some one posted their puchase of a pristine .30 Luger HP.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’m considering new sights for a FM Detective which has the Mark II style staked front sight. I find them too small and dark. Is machining a front dovetail the only realistic way to go in this situation to allow for effective replacement sights?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Have not seen a more beautiful High Power. Personally do not care for the mag well. But then it’s not my gun. Excellent work.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Responding to a couple of questions:
- Full custom projects are currently 12 - 14 months turnaround.
- Milling the slide is best option for sight replacement.

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts
Beautiful pistol. Enjoy.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Beautiful Hi-Power Sir! Don Williams recently built me a heavily modified Hi-Power with mostly C&S parts, including the C&S Magwell as you used on your fine build.

Really like how yours looks, very well done!

·
Registered
1 Posts
So proud to say I own this one now. Great work!

Finished up this custom Hi-Power not long ago. Includes slide/frame tightening; factory barrel muzzle flush cut and crowned; Cylinder & Slide wide combat trigger; C&S hammer and sear with action work; C&S extended thumb safety; C&S magazine well funnel; Bo-Mar brand adjustable rear sight; Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight; stippled frame front and rear and under trigger guard; front slide cocking serrations; completely dehorned; GunKote matte black finish; VZ 320 black cherry G10 grips.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So proud to say I own this one now. Great work!
Beautiful BHP!
I really like that melted Bo-Mar rear sight...it looks fantastic on a Hi Power slide.
The low profile mag well looks great also.
Any chance I could get a picture of the mag well from the bottom and see how well it blends into the frame?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Looks like this was started a while ago, but like gonzo said that's a great looking pistol. Love that low profile sight.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts