1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I've started shopping for my first 1911, and I've got a question about a couple Les Baer models.

Can someone tell me what the differences are between the Custom Carry and the Concept VII? Looking at the descriptions on the Les Baer web page, they look like exactly the same pistol. It's even hard to tell the two pictures apart (except that the Concept VII is a Commanche lenght and the picture for the CC is a full length). Is the only real difference the rounding for carry on the CC (which is available as the Tactical Package on the CVII)?

Thanks for the info.

CPerret

P.S. I'm also trying to figure out how to convince SWMBO that there's a reason to spend $1500-1600 for a LB instead of $800-900 for a Kimber, so if you have any practical suggestions, let 'em fly.

·
Registered
61 Posts
CPerret,

I can't really comment on the Les Baer Custom Carry except to say they are Good looking and have all the different features one might need on a 1911 pistol.

As far as the Concept VII goes I own one and it is my favorite pistol. I also have two other 5" guns from Clark and Wilson. Both 5" guns run perfect, look good, and are as accurate as most anyone would want. But I still favor the Les Baer gun. It just feels tight and right to me.

As far as the money factor the Concept VII was some cheaper than the Clark and much cheaper than the Wilson. Shop around before you buy because I got several quotes from dealers and finally one dealer got it through Davidson's. After shipping and everything I ended up paying around the $1200 mark.

To sum it up, if I needed a 1911 pistol today, the only question I would have is; which model Les Baer do I like best and fits my needs most!! Hope my opinion helps.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I haven't done the comparison recently but a couple of years ago I had a similar question and determined the Custom Carry came with a full length guide rod.

Therefore, I think you can save money by getting a Concept VII with the tactical option and then install a FLGR to make yourself a Custom Carry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts