1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went surfing thru the SA web site. I really dislike the new site since they changed it a year ago -- but that's another story.

From what I gather, SA doesn't offer any kind of Professional-quality Champion model? I was a bit disappointed with their other offerings for a 4" 1911.

I'm thinking of getting a Les Baer Stinger or Concept VII.

Does SA offer any custom Champions that are not listed on their site?

-Nick

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
You can get the Custom Carry in a Compact size, but I'm not exactly sure what size that might be.

The Custom Shop can do damn near anything, so if the Compact happens to have a 3 inch bbl, ask if they can build you one with a 4 or 4.25 inch upper assembly.

·
Premium Member
9,803 Posts
For the price of a Les Baer, you could go with a Champion model and have the SA custom shop do a Pro, TRP, or Defense package on it and it would be fully custom to your specs...just use their build sheet. You could start with a low tier GI Champion and the sky's the limit for mods and such. SA will accomodate anything you can dream up...and will probably be less than a LB off the shelf.

·
Registered
380 Posts
http://www.springfield-armory.com/custom.php

Click on the "view brochure" tab.

"PC9102
Custom Carry 1911-A1
Custom-fit slide to national match frame • Custom-fit match barrel & bushing (Bull barrel system in all Compact & Champion models) • Polish feed ramp & throat barrel • Springfield Custom tool steel match hammer & sear • Fitted speed trigger w/custom tuned 4.5 lb. trigger pull • Tuned for total reliability • Lowered & flared ejection port • Tuned & polished extractor • Standard recoil spring guide assembly • Custom-fit beavertail grip safety • Extended single-side thumb safety • Low-mount Novak rear sight w/dovetail serrated ramp front sight • Beveled & polished magazine well • Checkered cocobolo grips
• Premium matte blue or parkerized finish • “Carry Bevel” complete
pistol • 2 magazines
Custom Carry available
in 3 sizes: Full sized,
Champion & Compact"

·
Registered
105 Posts
As one who went through the process of getting a Custom Carry Compact, here's what I discovered. There are three sizes of the Custom Carry available - full size (full size frame, 5" slide), Champion (full size frame, 4 1/4" slide), Compact (compact frame, 4 1/4" slide).

With the Custom Carry, you start from the ground up with a custom-built gun done just the way you want it. So if it's a Champion you want, with no mag well, that's what you'll get.

I highly recommend it, and, if you're looking at buying a Champion and sending it in for work, it'll probably end up being the same.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Custom Champ

Try to find a newer SS Loaded Champ, with nite sights. Mine has been perfect. I went to the store and tried to find something for it, and it had everything already. Best 4" I've ever fired.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
nickcarr said:
Thanks! I never even saw that View Brochure. The damn Flash web site makes everything so hard to find some times. :mad:

The custom carry looks pretty nice.
+1. I lucked onto that brochure by accident. I was very lucky to do so. I've wanted a Pro for some time now, but I am just not psychologically prepared to drop well over $2k for a pistol. I was floored when I saw the Custom Carry. I called the shop and Debbie assured me that the build quality of the Pro and the CC are equal, and that the internals are the same. The only difference is night sights, Black-T, ambi safety, extended magwell, and fronstrap checkering. I didn't want any of those things, so the Custom Carry was perfect for me. I placed the order 2 weeks ago. Just 24 more weeks until I have it in my hands. :rock:

·
Premium Member
9,803 Posts
Zed said:
As one who went through the process of getting a Custom Carry Compact, here's what I discovered. There are three sizes of the Custom Carry available - full size (full size frame, 5" slide), Champion (full size frame, 4 1/4" slide), Compact (compact frame, 4 1/4" slide).

With the Custom Carry, you start from the ground up with a custom-built gun done just the way you want it. So if it's a Champion you want, with no mag well, that's what you'll get.

I highly recommend it, and, if you're looking at buying a Champion and sending it in for work, it'll probably end up being the same.
Pretty sure all the champion slides are 4" slides.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Christian James said:
I've wanted a Pro for some time now, but I am just not psychologically prepared to drop well over $2k for a pistol. I placed the order 2 weeks ago. Just 24 more weeks until I have it in my hands.
Well, I already own a Pro and it's worth every penny. I am looking for a 4" model as a back up that I can carry SOB when ultra-concealability is priority. I know some people that carry a 5" 1911 in SOB but that's a big chunk of steel! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts