1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been handling the custom classic and must ask the people that own one how accurate are they? That is, if you fellas acually shoot the georgous thing. I do plan to shoot and carry it. Do you guys carry it?

Does Brown offer a gurantee 1" @ 25 or better like LB, Wilson, Nighthawk and other makers?

What are some honest to goodness groups achieved? Has anyone locked one in a ransom rest? Decisions decisions. Thanks.

· Registered
40 Posts
I carry a Kobra Carry and it is the most accurate gun I have ever fired. I can easily obtain 3" groups standing at 45 yards. It is expensive but worth it once you fire it. Go to edbrown.com and look at all the specs for your personal answers.

· Registered
3,900 Posts
zeroedin said:
. I can easily obtain 3" groups standing at 45 yards. .

Easily? That's some damn fine shootin

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
brown

from website: Ed Brown guns are capable of producing the accuracy the highest quality ammunition is capable of. With a 45 ACP, this is about 1 1/2" at 50 yards.

I asked because I recenty read an article by one of the gun rags in which the writer printed 1.9 to 2 " plus groups @ 25 yards with an executive elite (8 brands of ammo including federal match and black hills). This caused a bit of hesitation on my part because I have found a beautiful custom classic and will expect more. The company basically claims that all models are made of the same basic components and fit the same. Unlike the myriad of "fit options" I am finding with Wilson and LB. It is confusing that's all, and my point I suppose.

Salesman, "You will love this one...but for 800 more the fit ... and accuracy...is better in X model." You guys probably all know the drill. Until recently I have been stubborn; under the belief of "beauty is a function of operation". Holding the custom classic with a mirror finished blued slide has changed that.

My original question was in regard to published accuracy information. Or serious tests. At this level of $, lip service is not enough. I am sure I am surrounded by a group which understands. Will I wring out the maximum accuracy potential? Absolutely, to a thousandth of an inch.

(not that the earlier response was lip service, real experience is also what I am after. thanks)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.