1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not sure. Right spot but have this older. Colt made in 72 work did in marked .74 has anyone heard of this shop. I know there . Was alot smith in dallas tx . At this time. Reads akurzd by wilson have org safty and trigger
z

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No . Wilson is not in texas. Just asking . If anyone had heard. Of this smith . Sorry if ahh forget it wouldnt understand.....

·
Registered
22,113 Posts
I don't find a Wilson in Dallas, but that was 47 years ago, an independent gunsmith from then is likely retired if not deceased.

High mount Bomar and ramped front sight seem an unusual combination.
Maybe a later owner filed the front sight of a target gun.
Maybe Mr Wilson didn't have a milling machine and just did what he could with hand tools.
Looks like he was trying to copy Clark Tiger Tooth stippling and then somebody decided it was too sharp and filed off the keen points.
Very squared off lowered ejection port.

At least he put his name on it. I like the monogrammed bushing. There are so many Mystery Modifiers out there who do not sign their work.

The only question at this late date is, does it shoot well?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it shoots. Very well. He sleeved. End of barrel its. A mil surplus barrel lockup very tight..

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,394 Posts
"Akuriz" may have been trademarked by the 'smith.
That thumb safety certainly isn't from the '70s; recent addition?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That what i was thinking . Barrels been welded up very tight lock up on slide stop pin

·
Registered
153 Posts
Like my granddad used say. To if i have nothing good. To say . Say nothing at all
Look, I'm sorry, I wasn't insulting your intelligence, I just wanted to understand what you wrote. Please know some folks bang out text on their phones, or even use voice-to-text, and it is that that is sometimes "rude" to the people who participate in this forum Not saying you were rude, just saying.

I hope you get some answers to your puzzle!

Cheers,

jv

1 - 20 of 36 Posts