1911Forum banner

Custom Compact refinish

1172 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  enforcer22
Just got this done for a customer. Looked kinda neat with the light gray frame so I thought I'd post a photo.

Joe
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,525 Posts
Egad....

Somebody else actually has one of these besides me.... :biglaugh:

I added XS "small dot" night sights and an arched MSH to mine. Great carry.... :)

However, Enforcer's pic is much nicer. I'm not about to fool with mine's finish, but it sure would be nice in 2-tone.

Regards,

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
45auto said:
Very Nice. :rock: What kind of finish is it? :scratch:
The matte black is CeraKote & the gray is DuraCoat. It was finished with two different coatings due to the fact that Cera Kote dosent come in the light gray like the customer wanted.

The CeraKote will wear a little better, (which since it rides in a holster is a good thing),& they look good together.

Joe

· Registered
2,525 Posts
Joe:

Quick one.... Is that the stock trigger? Mine's got round holes and appears to be aluminum or stainless (in the white) with a stop screw.

I bought it NIB a few months back but have no idea how long it was on the shelf at the dealers - there's some "holster wear" on the grips from rubbing against other guns on the shelf. Dunno why he does that, but....

NBD if you don't know.... I've just not seen too many references to this gun. I bought it because it was essentially identical to what I went into the store to buy, they had one ( :) ), and the price was right. Happy camper, though - it's "Series I", and thus far has been 100%. Took me about 30 seconds to figure out how to get the captive spring setup apart, but that is/was a whole 'nother thread.

Regards,

· Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SMMAssociates said:
Joe:

Quick one.... Is that the stock trigger? Mine's got round holes and appears to be aluminum or stainless (in the white) with a stop screw.
Not real sure if its the stock trigger. It isnt my pistol. My Team match II trigger is different also it has square holes?

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.