1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like my Lightweight Loaded Champion Green/Black so much I picket up a NIB Custom Loaded FULL-SIZE Black Stainless Model PX9152L for $789.00 out the door. Did I do good on the price? I like the fact that this tack driver comes standard with BoMar adjustable night sights. The only thing I didn't like is the fact that SA installed a full size mag-well and then put ultra thin slimline grips on it. What's up with that? There is a big gap between the thin grips and full size mag-well. I called SA to find out if they make a slim mag-well and they said NO. I fixed the problem by buying some full size VZ Grips. I got jet black paper micarta with VZ's new "Operator" texturing. Can't wait to use this puppy at my next 3-Gun Tac Match.

MadDog :p

·
Registered
52 Posts
Were like brothers! I just bought the Micro Compact in dark SS!

I think you did pretty good...i have seen them for $859.00, and i have seen them for $745.00. So your
in the ballpark! I did ok i think, as i paid $850.00
for the micro compact, with skeleton trigger, hammer
and supposedly the better SA innards? I wanted to
carry all the time, and i have been bitten by the 1911
bug (Glock man for the last 9 years) So this should
be interesting. I'm going to get another Comp-Tac
holster... i think this time, the Pro undercover or
the "C-tac" IWB. Check them out.. the best in Kydex,
and great service too. I"ll post pics of my micro in
an hour or so.

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Big Boppa,

Yes, my full size looks exactly like your shorty except mine has adjustable BoMar Night Sights and a mag-well. Check out www.vzgrips.com as they make superb grips for both the full sized and compact autos. I have the Gator, VZ 320, and now the "Operator" style grips. I have had AlumaGrips, Carbon Creations, and various exotic woods and like the VZ the best. I just got rid of two Kimbers in exchange for a SA Loaded Light Weight Champion, SA Compact, and now this Full Size Black Stainless. I thought Kimber was the **** until I tried SA's. I think SA is a better product for less money. Kimber's quality has gone down hill in the last few years.

JMHO,
MadDog :cool:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yeah, i guess the would be wrong to put a mag well in

MadDog said:
Big Boppa,

Yes, my full size looks exactly like your shorty except mine has adjustable BoMar Night Sights and a mag-well. Check out www.vzgrips.com as they make superb grips for both the full sized and compact autos. I have the Gator, VZ 320, and now the "Operator" style grips. I have had AlumaGrips, Carbon Creations, and various exotic woods and like the VZ the best. I just got rid of two Kimbers in exchange for a SA Loaded Light Weight Champion, SA Compact, and now this Full Size Black Stainless. I thought Kimber was the **** until I tried SA's. I think SA is a better product for less money. Kimber's quality has gone down hill in the last few years.

JMHO,

In a small concealed 1911, as the reason for CCW is
to keep it thin. Plus, i doubt that adjustable sights mean
very much with a 3" !! :) I do want to get the 'boat' shaped
slam pads for my mags. Do you know a good source
for these? I'll get right over to VZ and check them out
again. Wonder if they offer all of their models for
the Officer size? Thanks for your thoughts on what to
skip. Saves me allot o' dough going right to the top!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Big Boppa,

Yes, VZ makes all his style grips (Gator & VZ320) for Officer sized frames. He makes them square bottomed for mag-wells and tapered for plain frames. He makes them with or without ambi-cuts. He even makes all his styles with an ultra-thin profile for those who like slim style grips. I had them on my 3" Kimber Ultra Carry and my 3" Kimber Ultra CDP. I liked both guns for CCW but I am now a Springfield convert so I guess I am going to have to get a 3" like yours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.