1911Forum banner

Custom Royal owners?

847 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  gmaher
My favorite full size is my Custom Royal...This gun has a gorgous finish on it...(Blue)....It has a very tight slide to frame fit...and shoots to point of aim.

Mine is about 2.5 years old...

Tell me about yours....and...are the newer ones as good as mine?

Thanks
Greg
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
I have Custom Royal also, Easiest gun to shoot POA that I have shot. 8 months, 2000 rds. and , no problems. Beautiful finish also.

------------------
GMAN

[This message has been edited by gmaher (edited 07-29-2001).]

· Registered
141 Posts
I have a "Royal". 2 years old and 4500 rounds through it. I put Black Ebony grips on mine. Very accurate gun.

· Registered
253 Posts
HI EVERYONE. I JUST GOT MY NEW ROYAL II AND CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT OUT TO THE RANGE. VERY TIGHT FIT. KINDA CONCERNS ME THAT IT MAY FTF. OH WELL, MOST OF THEM START OFF THAT WAY, ANYWAY. I WILL SEND RANGE REPORT WHEN I GET A CHANCE. TAKE CARE.

· Registered
253 Posts
I just got a new Custom Royal today. This is my 3rd Kimber, and I think I like this one the best. I have a Stainless Gold Match and a Royal Carry. I wanted a full size with fixed sights and really like the blued version. Today at the range it shot precisely to point of aim with no malfuntions. I'm surprised at the way this gun groups. Who needs adjustable sights when a fixed sight gun shoots this good? Just had to pass this along. Ron

· Registered
24 Posts
I've had my "Custom Royal" for a year, 3000 rds, and no problems. Beautiful finish, amazed at how good it shoots OOB, Put Novak Nite sights on it. Then bought a Pro/CDP Same as above, only "Prettier"

------------------
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." GMAN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.