1911Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked this up Saturday. It's a Special Combat Government Carry from the Colt Custom Shop. Any ideas on what it might be worth? The guy said it's had two magazines run through it. Came with the original box, outer sleeve and paperwork. I gave him $1500 for it. Thanks!
Screenshot_20210407-173206_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210407-172326_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
125 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
You paid about what it is worth

You can go to Gunbroker and use the advance search function and review completed auctions if so inclined

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You paid about what it is worth

You can go to Gunbroker and use the advance search function and review completed auctions if so inclined
Interesting...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thanks Kawboy, any idea on it's value?
I remember MSRP being just north of $2K, and the "Carry" version seemed to be the least available of the bunch. That is definitely a score at that price if someone is looking for that particular gun, especially in the condition it is in. However, I wouldn't consider it a "It's so cheap I had to buy it" price if you weren't looking for it. I like that model though, so I would have snagged it in a heart beat. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I remember MSRP being just north of $2K, and the "Carry" version seemed to be the least available of the bunch. That is definitely a score at that price if someone is looking for that particular gun, especially in the condition it is in. However, I wouldn't consider it a "It's so cheap I had to buy it" price if you weren't looking for it. I like that model though, so I would have snagged it in a heart beat. :)
Yeah, I bought it because I liked it. 😁

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Picked this up Saturday. It's a Special Combat Government Carry from the Colt Custom Shop. Any ideas on what it might be worth? The guy said it's had two magazines run through it. Came with the original box, outer sleeve and paperwork. I gave him $1500 for it. Thanks! View attachment 608092 View attachment 608093
It’s worth whatever someone is waiting to pay for it. You could probably flip it on Gunbroker for more than you paid for it right now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It’s worth whatever someone is waiting to pay for it. You could probably flip it on Gunbroker for more than you paid for it right now.
Yeah, I found an ended auction on GB that sold for $2600. 🙄
Not looking to flip. I'll put it with all the others in the safe and enjoy it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Colt discontinued the SCG as far as I know, so collectability is going to naturally go up a bit even though the model was never really that sought after. Prices currently are all over the map, so a truly accurate estimate is near impossible. 1.5 years ago, that would have been in the $1,500-1,600 range.

Good find, I'd buy at that price. I'm still looking for a two tone SCG, but I don't know if they produced any with front strap checkering. My 2016 blued SCG has it, and that is just something that I look for.

·
Registered
23,211 Posts
That is an O.K. price for one. In 2006 I bought one new from a LGS for $1.4K. It is in hard chrome and I did replace the stocks for some from Esmeralda back then.

Looking under the stocks it was make by gun smith no. 2 who retired years ago according to Brent, when he was still on the forum.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Dang, nice find. I paid $2k for my 2 tone in .45 back in 2007. I wanted the “carry” model but couldn’t find one. Mine has the adjustable rear Kensight. You did very well if you paid $1500 and only 2 mags through it. Enjoy your SCG.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Yeah, I found an ended auction on GB that sold for $2600. 🙄
Not looking to flip. I'll put it with all the others in the safe and enjoy it.
The one on gunpoker is new in box and includes everything , yours is not new and you didn't say if you got all that is in that auction.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The one on gunpoker is new in box and includes everything , yours is not new and you didn't say if you got all that is in that auction.
That one on GB is typical GB retarded pricing. Mine has had 16 rounds through it, appears mint and is in box with everything including test target. If it really were worth $2600, mine wouldn't be worth $1100 less. 🤣
The one on gunpoker is new in box and includes everything , yours is not new and you didn't say
Another member said it. It's worth what someone is willing to pay. The one on GB went for typical retarded GB price. Not a place I go to for true value of anything. I saw someone buy 1000 primers for over $
As another member said, it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it and GB is proof some people will pay stupid prices. Mine is mint with 16 rounds through it, in the box with everything from the factory including hand tag and test target. IF that one sold was reelly worth $2600, I seriously doubt mine would be worth $1100 less.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts