1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a Custom TLE II in a week or two and needed some suggestions on a good lube and cleaner. I'm still a newbie so I was hoping I could get some advice from the veterans out there that have tried a few products out. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
692 Posts
You are going to really like your TLE. I have had really good luck with mine. It is very accurate and fun to shoot. I use Hoppes to clean it and FP-10 for lubrication. I also use Miltec-1 for lube but sometimes its hard to find it at the sporting goods store. Just make sure you clean it well and oil it up before you shoot it. The gun will most likely only come with one mag so you will probably want to get a few more. I use Novak 8 round mags and Cobra Mags by Tripp Research. A lot of shooters like the Wilson mags as well. Kimber also just came out with a new mag but I don't know anything about it at this time. Good luck with your new gun and be sure to post some pictures when you get it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice. I've heard about FP-10 and use Miltec-1 for my knives but the Hoppes is a new one. I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
militec samples

militec used to have a "free samples" section on their website - a tube of lube and tiny tub of the grease - I'm sure they'd send some if you emailed.. forgot the url but google is your friend.. militec is great stuff..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dave Simpson said:
I'm getting a Custom TLE II in a week or two and needed some suggestions on a good lube and cleaner. I'm still a newbie so I was hoping I could get some advice from the veterans out there that have tried a few products out. Thanks in advance.
For a field strip I use Hoppes Semi-Auto cleaner and FP10, for a detail strip I also use Birchwood Casey Gun Scrubber.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
subkor said:
militec used to have a "free samples" section on their website - a tube of lube and tiny tub of the grease - I'm sure they'd send some if you emailed.. forgot the url but google is your friend.. militec is great stuff..
Yes sir, I emailed them last week and received my samples a few days later. Excellent service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.