1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's something to bake your noodle for a few seconds anyway....I have been thinking about the custom vs production pistols and I will say this... I own a Wilson CQB and a Kimber TLE II, sorta apples to apples if you will, mostly same features. YES the Wilson is a better fit and finished pistol, the attention to detail is mind blowing and accuracy is second to none. All parts in the Wilson are premium and the Kimber has MIM and plastic. Having said that, BOTH pistols have been 100% reliable and I can not hold the Wilson still enough to shoot it better than the TLE and I consider myself a pretty good shot. Both guns are capable of 1.5in at 25yds. Now to the point I'm trying to make...the Wilson was $2500 the TLE was $800. Is the Wilson 3x better than the Kimber as a purely defensive pistol....prolly not. Would I ever give up my Wilson...SURELY NOT. Unfortunately I find myself carrying neither one as I'm in love with the size and weight of my pro carry stainless. Anyhow, dollar for dollar my Kimber was a better buy. Just an observation, I dont wish to catch grief over this but I'm sure I will. I'm still in love with Wilson and will most likely buy another, or two, but I just figured I'd point out I could have bought 3 good TLE's for 1 exquisite CQB...worth every penny! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
No doubt the Wilson will last longer with original parts, more reliability I'd bet, but your observations are why Kimber sells around 45,000 pistols per year and Wilson...around 2,000.

So, your not alone. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts