1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy's I am looking for I guess if nothing else some validation, I am fixing to send in my Kimber ultra carry to get the slide and barrel replaced with Wilson's 4 inch topend,
figuring that the total bill will be about $800 is this a good Idea or am I crazy, or should I just go buy another Kimber compact, Unfortunatly I cannot by the CQB Compact but I figure with Wilson doing the top end it would be better than a kimber, what do you guy's think.

Jim

·
Registered
541 Posts
To be honest I think I'd look for a used CQB with the money you'll spend getting WILSON to upgrade and trading your KIMBER I think you'll be well in the CQB price range.I've got 2 WILSONS and they are simply the best....

·
Registered
892 Posts
Originally posted by jdrobins:
Guy's I am looking for I guess if nothing else some validation, I am fixing to send in my Kimber ultra carry to get the slide and barrel replaced with Wilson's 4 inch topend,
figuring that the total bill will be about $800 is this a good Idea or am I crazy...

Jim
Jim,

Why don't you sell your UC and put the extra $800 into a CQB Compact? What is the reason you can't get one? The UC is a 3", why spend all that money to make it into something it was never supposed to be? Especially when it will almost cost you what you could for a CQB?

[This message has been edited by Gun Nut (edited 12-03-2001).]

·
Registered
766 Posts
Sounds to me like Gun Nut has a good idea sell the UC and put it toward the CQB you won't be disappointed. Love my Wilson's!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by bowhunter:
Sounds to me like Gun Nut has a good idea sell the UC and put it toward the CQB you won't be disappointed. Love my Wilson's!!

Thanks guy's you are right I just wasn't thinking in the right frame of mind about this, Anybody want to buy a slighly used UC
Just Kidding, I will be taking it to the gunshow this weekend.

[This message has been edited by jdrobins (edited 12-03-2001).]

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Gun Fever!!! Makes the mind go a circuitous route to find the true path...

Trade that Kimber in for the CQB Compact.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts