1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to post and say they don`t have customer service at Mitch Rosen Extraordinary Gun Leather.I purchased a Style master Shoulder holster and lost one of the small brass screws that are in the back of the shoulder straps.I got in contact with the customer service department(well thats what they call it)and they wanted me to jump threw hoops just to get a screw.And I paid $365.00 for the holster. Luckely my wife found the screw on the bedroom floor.I will not ever buy a holster from them again.

------------------
Have fun & Shoot Straight

·
Banned
802 Posts
"jump through hoops" is a little vague. Can you be more specific? If you're going to trash the guy you should really explain. I personally have heard nothing but bad stories about his customer service and that's why I stick to Milt Sparks and Kramer. Besides he's way overpriced.

------------------
DVC,
Sean

·
Banned
982 Posts
Here is my "little story" with Rosen and his helpers.

I wanted to buy one rig, elephant, belt holster and mag pouch. Offered to send them a gun to make sure everything was molded perfectly to my style of guns.

Not a problem, but they wanted $75 to book the gun in and out.

Cost on the rig? $1500
I had a check written and waiting but the $75 REALLY pissed me off for a booking fee.

Needless to say I didn't buy Rosen elephant. It did encourage to start a stellar working relationship with Lou Alessi though which continues
I may have made a mistake though because I sent Luigi a gun and although he never charged me......he kept the gun

In this case, it was money well spent!

[This message has been edited by Dane Burns (edited 03-05-2001).]

·
Banned
802 Posts
Dane and all;

I don't need to have my butt kissed by any means, however I do believe that we as consumers have the right to be treated fairly, and YES pleasantly by those with whom we choose to spend our shillings and sheckles. For Dane that's Lou Alessi, and for me it's Tony Kanaly and crew. Customer relationships are just as important as the quality of the product.

------------------
DVC,
Sean

·
Registered
624 Posts
Dane, That's your own damn fault! You sent me a beautiful gun to fondle, and you also said shoot it..Well, I haven't been able to wade through all this snow to shoot it yet!
So, I'm still fondling it!

Maybe I better not shoot it,,might make it tougher to send back.
Luigi

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.
You'll never know it's there, until you need it.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Seanmac45, I haven't had any relationship with Greg Kramer, but I have always heard he cared about his customers.
I know Tony kanaley, and talk with him extensively. He represents the same feeling I do about our customers. Treat them fairly, give them a good product for the price paid, and they will come back. After all, it's the customer who keeps us in business.
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.

·
Banned
802 Posts
Lou;

You're right. My experiences with Kramer have been on a par with Sparks. I haven't had occasion to deal with you, but I have heard nothing but good things, and you're a New Yorker to boot

Give me a recommendation for an IWB Glock 36 holster fitted for a 1 1/2" belt and I'll give it a whirl. Who knows? It might be the start of a beautiful friendship.

------------------
DVC,
Sean

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hmmmmm let's see now. In one hand we have $75 we saved and in the other we used to have a beatifully built gun now being fondled by someone else in God knows what fashion. What to do. What to do.

Dane, it's a good thing you and Lou have such a good relationship going.

------------------
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."
Humphrey Bogart

·
Registered
624 Posts
Seanmac45, Thanks, take a look at the CQC/I
thread from Jim V. You might like that holster.
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Dane, OK, OK, I'll quit fondling your gun!
Besides, the blue on the slide is wearing quite thin!
Luigi

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts