1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a call from Les Baer himself telling me that my PII (which I had sent in to have some work done) will be completed today or tomorrow. I thought that was pretty cool that he picked up the phone and called me himself and just wanted to share that....I compare everyone to Dillon as the Gold Standard in customer service - but I've never talked to Mike Dillon. :D

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hey Blueeyedme,
Thanks for sharing that. I've been a "customer" for almost 20 years now (bought my first Baer that long ago) and have spoken to him a number of times over the years. Yep, he still takes calls...even when you don't mean for him to, and he is different in that respect. A lot of times, guys don't particularly like what he has to say, but he knows his 1911's. I think that he feels that since his company name says "Custom" that he still owes it to his customers. Kinda nice. Best of luck with your Baer.....I'd never part with mine.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I also have called Les Baer and to my surprise he answered the phone. He was very helpful and took the time to answer all of my questions. I never felt that I was keeping him from more important work. His customer service is definitely A plus.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's awesome! What did you have to send it in for (if you don't mind me asking)?
I picked up a 16 year old PII safe queen a few months back and decided that I wanted to shoot USPSA SS with it. After talking with some local smiths, I chose to keep it 'all Baer' and sent it off to Les to have a magwell, tactical mag release, FO front sight and single side combat saftey fitted as well as have him go through the gun and test fire. Les quoted 6-8 weeks for the work but it actually took 12 weeks. It's sitting at my FFL now waiting for pick-up when I get back in town. I also plan to take it out to Gunsite for a Pistol 250 class next month (second time around for me - great training). In any event, this is my first 1911 - I will be sure to get some pics up soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.