1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you guys remember, a month or so back I posted the pic of my New Rollmark Stainless Colt Commander 45. Since then, I have had alot of modifications done to it. I can honestly say that at 25yds I am getting 1" groups with zero malfunctions.

Here is a rundown of what all I have done so far.

1. Videcki 3 hole trigger
2. Install, smooth frame slots and set overtravel.
3. EGW thick flange bushing .575" Cut and fit to barrel
4. Refit lower barrel feet for Proper lock up and crown
barrel
5. Reliability tune(throat frame and recontour and polish, polish barrel mouth and recontour forhollowpoints, polish chamber and
breechface, bevel firing pin hole,clearance grip safety to remove
without dropping MSH, set extractor tension and polish, deburr bottom of chamber, and smooth disconnector rail, and smooth hammer hooks and sear nose, and check for hammer
follow, set trigger at 4 1/2 lbs
6. EGW Slide Stop
7. Wilson Extractor
8. EGW Firing Pin Stop
9. Lower and flair ejection port
10. Ed Brown High Rise Beavertail grip safety with memory groove
11. Ed Brown 20lpi Checkered Main spring housing
12. ISMI 19lb main spring
13 Ed Brown Tactical Thumb Safety
14. Cylinder & Slide Ultra Lite Sear
15. Kimber Double Diamond Rosewood Grips

The picture does not show the beavertail blending very well.....but I can tell you that the smith did a find job of blending it to the frame.

If you guys are in the OKC area, I highly suggest that you get ahold of Barry Greyson (bjg1911) and see what he can do for you.

Sorry for the quality of the picture.

Customized Colt Commander

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
That's a fine looking weapon. You should be proud of it.

Let's talk about sights. I have a Commander with Novaks and a Kimber Classic Stainless with Heinie Straight 8's. Neglecting the night sights of the straight 8's, both are very capable of sights for a combat pistol. I like the Heinie's in the long run, but either would do you well. I am having a custom built at the moment with the Novak adjustables and they look great. Your decision.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
John Forsyth said:
That's a fine looking weapon. You should be proud of it.

Let's talk about sights. I have a Commander with Novaks and a Kimber Classic Stainless with Heinie Straight 8's. Neglecting the night sights of the straight 8's, both are very capable of sights for a combat pistol. I like the Heinie's in the long run, but either would do you well. I am having a custom built at the moment with the Novak adjustables and they look great. Your decision.
I am getting a new 1991 SS Combat Commander and am partial to the Heinie's. Do they make a sight that will work without any mill work or do I need to have a smith install these.
TIA......Sam

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Huevos said:
I am getting a new 1991 SS Combat Commander and am partial to the Heinie's. Do they make a sight that will work without any mill work or do I need to have a smith install these.
You are going to have to send the slide to a pistolsmith that is capable of making the necessary cuts for the sights, either the Heinie's or the Novak's. I had Heinie install my straight 8's, just call Sara and ask about it. Took approx. 2 week turnaround. John Harrison, Precision Gunworks, did my Novak's for me. He did them along with some other work I wanted done.

·
Premium Member
3,421 Posts
Thanks. Does anyone make a drop in replacement. I don't have any problem sending the slide off, but was just wanting to weigh all my options. Thanks again....Sam

1 - 8 of 8 Posts