1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious what kind of tools would be required to perform this operation. Anyone here ever cut rifle brass to make pistol brass?

------------------
No Second Place Winner

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have used rifle brass (.348 Winchester?) to make .445 Supermag. I won't do that again.

Cutting is easy, except that the length changes when you resize. Inside reaming is a pain, and not possible to get concentric.

You need a lathe-type reaming tool and some way to cut the brass to length, plus the sizing die(s).

[This message has been edited by KLN (edited 09-07-2001).]

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Clark:
I have tested Starline 45 Super brass to beyond 460 Rowland pressures, and it is the same as every other brand of 45acp brass.
Are you saying that Super brass is no stronger than standard ACP brass? If so then that contradicts what other sources (such as Triton and Texas Ammunition) say about it.

Personally I'll stick to recommended load levels, thank you very much. There's just a little too much unsupported case there to be adventurous.

------------------
No Second Place Winner

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it took me awhile to get around to doing this, but I sawed a Rowland case and a standard 45 case in half. The Rowland is definately thicker.

------------------
No Second Place Winner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts