1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I go again. I am still slowly squirreling money away hiding from the wife for my eventual project. My latest crazy and perhaps hair brained idea is as follows.

I have handled a few bobbed commanders and I love the feel and the idea my only grievance is it rules out the Caspian race ready:(

Paras LDAs with the bobbed hammers chopped tails; like the compactness and, that there is no beaver tail to poke you in the ribs. I get poked some times when I bend to the side with a high ride holster. I still prefer the 1911s original trigger.

Enter a little side clip in the latest G&A 1911 book that reminded me of Cylinder and Slides safety fast shooting system. After all if its good enough for Terry Tussey's custom belly guns it should be good enough for me right?

I would like to solicit your opinions and experience with Cylinder and Slides safety fast shooting system. Good bad indifferent before I go off half cocked with a couple grand on this project I'd like to know if its a sound idea.
Thanks,
Jon

·
Premium Member
3,561 Posts
C&S make about the best ignition components you could ask for, but I think the SFS is just about as goofy as a monkey humping a football. If you look into its design, you'll see that all it really does for you is the elimination of the outward appearance that the hammer is cocked. It's purpose is really to soothe those who would be superstitious about the sight of a cocked hammer. In my opinion, you should drop the idea, and just get the C&S Tac II 4# ignition kit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts