1911Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all. Did a search on this particular question but came up empty.

Dropped a Cylinder and Slide 4.5 pound trigger kit into my Kimber ProCDP. Went in well, had to adjust the leaves of the mainspring to increase the trigger pull weight to my desired 4.5 pounds. My Lyman electronic shows a consistent 4.5 (or slightly higher) pound pull and it feels great.

Did all the safety checks required by the inclosed documentation and everything checked out fine. Shot it yesterday in accordance with the instructions, doing the 2 rounds x 10, 3 rounds x 10, 5 rounds x 10 then full mags x 10 times and no hammer follow or any problems.

My question? The trigger reset seems short. I mean REALLY short. The pistol functions correctly both during dry fire and live fire, and the trigger does reset, each and every time. But it's a really, really short reset.

Is there a way to increase the trigger reset distance without messing the rest of the fire control group up? Or is this something that I should just not spend any time worrying about?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

·
Registered
441 Posts
You can increase the reset by backing out the trigger adjustment screw. That will allow the trigger to move farther rearward past the break point. The main thing to worry about is making sure your reset is long enough such that the sear doesn't rub on the hammer's half-cock notch.

If your trigger adjustment screw is tight in the trigger as you turn it, you're probably good. But sometimes, if they're loctited in place, you ruin that bond once you break the screw loose to adjust it. If it turns easy, you may want to re-apply some loctite and adjust the screw before it sets.

Art Lundwall

1 - 2 of 2 Posts