1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do Cylinder & Slide parts compare to the other parts makers? Say Wilson, Brown, Harrison and Colt. Looking at extractors, slide stops and firing pins.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I only used their pin set so far. Generally people hold the parts in good regard, like Wilson and EB. With that said a old hot rodder said something that applies "parts don't know what name brand is tied/cast/stamped on them, only how they are installed".

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only used their pin set so far. Generally people hold the parts in good regard, like Wilson and EB. With that said a old hot rodder said something that applies "parts don't know what name brand is tied/cast/stamped on them, only how they are installed".
I don't think I would put Masen parts on my pistol.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I don't think I would put Masen parts on my pistol.
It is geared more to those who buy high dollar parts thinking the part makes the end result but screw up the install. Like taking a A2 Wilson Sear and hitting it liberally with a dremel.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had them replace (Make and exact copy) the front sight of my Series 70 Gold cup and they did an awesome job. Couldn't see the difference between a friends and mine when I got it back. The part they made for me was first rate.
TF

·
Registered
24,379 Posts
They have been around for a long time.

That tells you something right there. I would use their parts without hesitation.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I have their Extractor as it is supposed to be the only one made out of the correct spring steel.

I also have their pin set.

·
Banned
1,327 Posts
I believe the Springfield Custom Shop uses C&S ignition parts!

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
I gotten two triggers from them and I have no complaints.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts